ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Legal Plates?

MkV Golf R32
Do legal plates need some sort of stamp in the bottom right hand side of the plate?

Ordered a rear legal plate from fancyplates but it doesnt have any stamp on.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

David.

Fabia VRS Special Ed
From what I remember, you have to have where the plate was made somewhere on the plate (usually in the middle at the bottom) so that if there were any reason for the police to trace the plate, they could see the details of where the plate was made up, and therefore get any details of the person who purchased the plate such as name, address etc...Complicated I know, but if there is no way of tracing it back, I'm pretty sure it's illegal.

Someone will confirm this I hope...

Skoda Fabia vRS
it must have the british standard mark on it, something like BSAU114 IIRC in the bottom right hand corner, and it must have the maker of the plate and post code in the middle at the bottom

M2 Competition
Ive found halfords the best place for plain plates. The info is on in a hologram style, so its there but not very visible.

MkV Golf R32
Does anyone know why fancy plates wouldn't put a stamp on it of some sort if they are supposed to a legal plate?

MkV Golf R32
Just rang fancyplates and it was a fault on their part and they are sending some new plates out on nextday delivery. Can't say fairer than that really!

MkV Golf R32
Well it says that they are road legal for the uk so if I do get pulled and fined in will forward it onto them.