ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LED dash conversion help (URGENT)

Titanium 182
Heyy

I'm just in the process of doing my dash conversion. Got the clocks out changed all the SMDs and plugged it in to test all fine, only problem is the needles and the trip computer.

When I reassembled and tried it out the trip (although blue shows nothing, like no writing. Is there a filter or something I need to change ? as I didn't change anything.

Also when I turned the ignition on the needles vibrated really fast and I'm not sure they're in the right position. When I start the engine the revs stay at just under 1k revs and I can't remember if that's right.

I have a picture of the needles before I removed them.

Anyone who's done the conversion where should my needles stop or "hit lock" when spun all the way to the left ? I'm sorry my description is rubbish I'm struggling to explain it.

Cheers.

MK3

Dynamiqueee
I had the same problem with the trip computer, try pressing on the screen and seeing if anything shows up. My problem was that the screws behind it wern't tight enough!

When you put the needles back on, did you make sure the pins that they fit on to were as far left as they could go?

Titanium 182
No mate, should I make the pins go as far to the left as possible then put the needles on ?

Monaco 172
yea the lcd scrren part prob isnt pressed against the contacts on the board hard enough, id that problem so make sure its all clipped in tightly

MK3

Dynamiqueee
I assume so.. That's what i did anyway, and i didn't have any problems. Have you sorted the trip display now?

No mate, should I make the pins go as far to the left as possible then put the needles on ?

Titanium 182
Yeah cheers, the LCD worked as soon as I put screws in. and I calibrated the speedo with a nat nav :rasp:

the revs were getting stuck at 5k rpm but it was cos I'd pushed the needle on too tight it works now I've loosened it.

Titanium 182
I'm confused again now. The clock in the centre console is giving me problems.

In the guide it has two fillament bulbs.

DSCF5057.jpg

In mine it has 4 LED/SMD's like on the speedo. Apart from they have two contacts on each side of them instead of one so four contacts in total.

Anyone shed any light ??

Bumder With A Buffer
Random bumpage!

I been on holiday...Da is correct id imagine they are PLCC-4 type LEDs. I might have a few here if you still nedd a couple?

Although im stuggling to see why you would have them as I have never seen a MK2 with those type only the MK3's had them.

Clio 172 PH1
How did you get your clocks out mate? Ive found 4 screws so far - two at the top and the two at the bottom but still wont come away??? Cheers.