ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Leaking sunroof?

This morning, thanks to the rain, I discovered that something somewhere is leaking, probably the sunroof. There are patches of water on the drivers side headlining, to the right above the door, and just before the sun-visor. I have linked to images.
I had this same problem with my Pug 106 - the drain pipes used to get blocked, but it used to leak into the drivers' footwell. I'm gutted that now I have the same problem with this car :boring:

What's the fix for this? I suspect it's a common fault?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwLiV3LnV-7XTFktcXE0V0I0VWM/edit?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwLiV3LnV-7XY0JDVTJXeHNERjg/edit?usp=sharing

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Check the drains and if they're not blocked pull the headlining down, soak roof and look for water ingress. Of its passing the frame the roof will need removing, stripping of old sealant and resealing.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
291 is a good shout - Do not use Tigerseal or similar UPOL though as it'll never leak but it'll also never come out the aperture again... ever!

master,meg, 205 maxi
press on your roof outside next to the sunroof frame check all way round see if a small gap opens probably the sponge seal failed and req's the roof removing to fit new seal

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
They come from the 2 corners closest to the wind screen and then drain under the scuttle panel (also often gets clogged with leaves)

when seal it put some 3m blue masking tape around as 291 is a nightmare to get of paint when it's cured. Tigerseal is however as mentioned is impossible!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I had to remove a sunroof that had been tiger sealed (or similar) in place and I ended up virtually writing the car off! Bent the roof to bits. Looked like crumpled paper when I'd finished! Lol