ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

leaking sunroof idea....?

Clio Sport 172
ok so i have took the glass out my sunroof to look at the rubbers and stuff and its still leaking so i thought...

what if i put sealent under the rubber bit you can take out and then put it back together again?

would that fix it and im still able to use the sunroof

thanks
si

Clio MK2 (1.2)
mine's the same :( was out last night and was like a tap driping on me leg. seem to be coming from were the sun visor is :S

C

clvs2222

yep, unforunelty iv got the same problem. only when parked facing down a hill though. its ruined my seats so iv bought 2 liquid absorbers (sponges) to soak it up as it comes through. theres no wires it can harm in the roof liner is there?

Clio Sport 172
i just spent the some time cleaning my seats getting the rings out.. takes a good few cleans but they come out

Clio Sport 172
ok there is nothing blocking the drain pipe things so i have just put enough vaseline on the seals to see what that does tonight...

Integra Type-R DC2
Having this problem too. Ive pushed through the drain pipes with some wire, not blocked. Im probably just going to seal it till the summer.

Golf TDI
this is looking like a VERY common problem as im really pissed off at the moment with my headliner being soaked everynight. i went to halfords today and got silicone sealant and most probably will just seal my sunroof glass to the rubber until summer too.

Clio Sport 172
mines a 2002. should this not be a fault on renaults side? with there being so many of the same fault

Clio Sport 172
yeah i removed the glass i put it all the way round and i put it in the gap were the rubber meets the plastic trim of the sunroof..

Golf TDI
well if none of our attempts at fixing the sunroofs work then i spose we could write a email to them as im sure 10 cars with leaking sunroofs of the same age will get their attention.

Clio MK2 (1.2)
its this rain & wind, only when theres huge winds blowing the rain it leaks, on normal rain its ok.. i shal investigate on the weekend :)

Mk1 Facelift '97 1.2
j had a lot of problems with my mk1 clio sunroof leaking and it were the plastic trim and bodywork of the roof meets i had to seal this with black bathroom silicone. if you push down slightly on the bodywork with your fingers it may open up this will be your problem. Very easy to silicone back up.

Clio Sport 172
j had a lot of problems with my mk1 clio sunroof leaking and it were the plastic trim and bodywork of the roof meets i had to seal this with black bathroom silicone. if you push down slightly on the bodywork with your fingers it may open up this will be your problem. Very easy to silicone back up.

hmmm i will look in to this in the morning :)

Clio Sport 172
yep lol i think its that now lol the gap is quite big.. on both sides and when you press down you can see there is water inthere...

what would be best sealent for it? black or clear?

and how would i get a really neat result?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
lol my neighbour has just bought a mk1 clio, the tops covered in a massive plastic sheet, one can only guess why.

Clio Sport 172
Image093.jpg

ready for the big seal tomorrow lol

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
if its coming in by the sun visor. it will be the frame to bodywork seal. the frame needs taking out and sealing

Clio Sport 172
if its coming in by the sun visor. it will be the frame to bodywork seal. the frame needs taking out and sealing

how do i get to the screws to take it off? do you know how to get the roof liner off?

if not im just gonna have to seal round the out side and do it really neat

Clio 1.4 Dynamique
mines bloody leakin aswel..such a pain! n also every mornin pretty much i get in my car th inside of th windscreen is covered in condensation and th bottom of th sunroof is soaked 2

Golf TDI
i tryed doing mine the other day sealed it with ten quids worth of sealant and it leaked today in heavy rain :( very pissed off lol im gna end up taking it to renualt where il get raped !

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
the look at the head lining inside there is a seal so it looks neat inside that just pulls off. then there is a ring of 10mm bolts around the frame