ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Leaking gearbox help

ph1 172, berlingo
Can any one help with my problem. I have a leaking gear select input shaft and think the only way to solve it is to strip the box??? Any advise would be helpful. Many thanks

monaco 172
Can any one help with my problem. I have a leaking gear select input shaft and think the only way to solve it is to strip the box??? Any advise would be helpful. Many thanks

how bad is it leaking? as far as im aware most rs boxes have a tiny leak. i took off my plastic cover and it was covered in oil, but yet ive never had any drips under the car.

340i
They all leak through that area... Well I say leak, its more of a "weep" You can buy a new seal from Renault which sometimes cures the issue, I replaced mine when it had a rebuild and no issues ever since :)

ph1 172, berlingo
Thanks for the replys. Think this leak is a bit to bad to leave and wanted to know if I can still get a two part seal kit that I have been told about or is it box out and strip for the silly rubber ring???

Fabia vRS
Gray is right. Mine always had a slight weep - by 'weep' I mean the selector shaft area would be damp but no oil would drip into the undertray. Then one day mine developed a proper dripping leak and I nearly lost all the oil in my box without realising :eek:. The only way to fix a proper leak is to strip the box and replace the seal from the inside - its a lot of work just to replace one f**king seal. Just remember, if it weeps it's fine, if its leaking it's not.