ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Leaking from interior light

Clio MK2 (2001)
I have a clio from 2001 I believe it's the mk2. I have developed a leak from the interior light as the title suggested, I have noticed that there are a few dents in the roof of my car, now from what I can tell there is no leaking around the sunroof, but obviously the aerial for the radio is directly below the interior light, has anyone else had any issues like this before and do you think just lifting the aerial out shoving a bit of silicone around the edge and popping it back in will sort it? Just don't fancy messing too much with seals on the outside if I don't have to and causing more leaks :rasp:

kind regards
Adam

1.2, 172 Cup soon
That's strange never heard of that before, is it actually dropping from the interior light or around it? Pictures?

Mk2 with aerial at the front - so a ph1 like mine..

I don't get water coming in throught he light but I do get dampness on the top of the O/S A Pillar and the sunvisor area gets wet and a bit manky some times. It could absolutely piss down for hours and not a drop gets in the car. Or it could dirzzle lightly and every drop will find it's way in.
​As said above though - seems to always be the sunroof.

Clio MK2 (2001)
th_image_zps218070b8.jpg
So it actually leaks around the outside of the internal light, it mostly comes out of the hole where you'd normally put a screwdriver or what ever in to take it out, if it is the sunroof are there any other tell tale signs? This is the only place the water leaks from and I have felt around and nothing else feels wet at all, it all just collects at the front of the plastic surround. Quite annoying because if it has lashed it down like today, it's going to leak, as I found out coming out the car park from work.....
​I'll look into the seals as well, I got a feeling which other scum bag decided my car was a climbing frame probably didn't help the situation, it might be that there is a small gap between the seal and the roof of the car near the sunroof, in which case any suggestions on a fix there?

​Cheers Adam

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
pop the light out and get someone to spray the roof with a hose pipe see if you can see if its the aerial or sunroof leaking

Clio MK2 (2001)
So with it raining like there was no tomorrow today, i figured that taking the light out today was a good idea. Felt around a bit, and there the nut is for the aerial, it is soaked. So I have now figured out the cause of the leak I did however feel around where the sunroof is and there doesn't seem to be any moisture there at all, so now my next option should I just unbolt the aerial and slap a bit of silicone in the bottom of it? Because in my mind that is a good fix, but practically will it work?

So with it raining like there was no tomorrow today, i figured that taking the light out today was a good idea. Felt around a bit, and there the nut is for the aerial, it is soaked. So I have now figured out the cause of the leak I did however feel around where the sunroof is and there doesn't seem to be any moisture there at all, so now my next option should I just unbolt the aerial and slap a bit of silicone in the bottom of it? Because in my mind that is a good fix, but practically will it work?

Sounds like a plan to me mate, it's how I fixed my sunroof