ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Leaking again, need help please... Tried everything!!

Civic Type R
Hi Guys

Have had a leak now for a few weeks and am really really struggling to fix it. The water is coming in under the speaker and over the plastic trim down into my footwell on the passenger side. I have cleared all the sill drains, as per the guide. I have replaced the window seal. I have adjusted the door so it sits tighter on the door seal. TBH I thought I had fixed it, but its soaking wet again this morning. Looking at the door seal it looks as new, no cracks, holes or anything that would looks wrong.

Advice / opinions please ?

Thanks
Wayne

Civic Type R
Forgot to add, it only seems to happen when the car is left on the drive overnight. It doesn't happen if I am driving the car, even if its torrential rain!!

Civic Type R
Just been out with the hose, the channel in the middle of the door seal is filling up and then spilling over the trim into the footwell. Can't understand why this is happening though, only seems to happen if the car is parked on my drive ( which is slightly slanted).

Any ideas anyone, really don't know what to try next.

Cheers

Wayne

172/1.2/E30
did u check the seal behind the doorcard? take the doorcard off and u will see some kind of foam sheet spread over the door, this is "glued" on with some kind of gasket material. mine was cracked.

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
is the seal on the right way round?? silly question i know but it may have been removed some time in the past and replaced incorrectly

...is it just the one side that leaks???

also theres a drain within the engine bay ...banana / bent **** shaped bit of rubber hosing around the middle of the bay in front of the scuttle panel. it has a stupid rubber flap on the end that open to release water. that flap can get clogged and water runs back int the footwell.

Civic Type R
is the seal on the right way round?? silly question i know but it may have been removed some time in the past and replaced incorrectly

...is it just the one side that leaks???

also theres a drain within the engine bay ...banana / bent **** shaped bit of rubber hosing around the middle of the bay in front of the scuttle panel. it has a stupid rubber flap on the end that open to release water. that flap can get clogged and water runs back int the footwell.

Yeah door seals the correct way around , it only leaks on one side , and only when not parked flat ( like on my drive).

It looks like the channel in the rubber seal fills up and eventually spills over the trim and into the footwell.

I have not checked engine bay drain , will do that tommoro!

Thanks for your replies , any other suggestions ??

Civic Type R
leaky.jpg
[/IMG]

As you can see the channel in the seal is filling up with water, and then trickling into the car in the direction of the arrow. Am not sure what else, if anything, I can try?

Monaco 172
Mine is doing exactly the same, I have wet spots exactly where you have. I havent a clue either whats causing it!!!

Jap Box
Mine was doing this when parked on a slanted drive, only when the car was facing downwards on the slant though, ive always parked it upwards now and nothing has come through since.