ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LCD TV - Panasonic TX-32LMD70, buy?

Morning

I've seen several threads on here where people 'in the know' just seem to locate out of thin air decent deals on certain things.

I can't for the life of me find any decent deals on this tv and want to purchase it in the next week or so.

I've found it for £400 on Amazon and that's it. Not sure whether there are discount sites or the like but if there are, I can't find them.

Anyone know of any decent places or discounts occurring anywhere that may sell this tv?

Thanks

James.

Thanks, I agree, it is cheaper, but buying from "krish audio retailers" or Amazon for the sake of an extra £1.01, there isn't a contest.

Thank you though.

Oil Burner
Nice tv's i have one. Bought it after having two duff LG's

If you can find an lxd70 go for that (the 100hz version) but this model has been discontinued, where as the lmd is still currently available in the new line.

Ive got no gripes about mine, its not the worlds best tv, but its got nice even backlighting for a reasonably cheap lcd, sound is excellent. Cant grumble.

Go for it.

Nick

I've been reading the Which? reviews and for sub £800 new the LMD70 scored the best amongst any size LCD they tested (over 80 tested in June 2008). The only thing it doesn't do too well in is sound, which they gave 3/5 stars for. It score 80% overall.

Ergo, this is the one I intend to buy, it's just trying to find it at as best a price as poss., bearing in mind I'll need to pay a decent sum for a stand too.

*edit* The LXD7 scored well, but is another £100 more and Which didn't think it was worth the hike.

Oil Burner
If they rate the Panasonic's sound a 3 i dread to think what they rate the old Samsung r88/87 at, the Panasonic walks all over it.

None of the Samsungs are rated well at all, whether you compare them for value or just outrightly, they are all in <50% .

A couple of the Toshiba's did well and the Sony KDL's did well.

LG did poorly too.

Oil Burner
How about philips? old and new line. To be honest the new line has impressed me. Typically decent sound, picture not too shabby, but most unexpected of all from philips. None of the models ive sold have come back!?

Philips making a reliable set finally?

Sony 4k series will be interesting, the 23" ive seen looked excellent.

New samsung range, spot on picture wise, just lacking in sound dept.