ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

larger cooling fan

ok, i wanna try & squeeze a larger cooling fan on a valver, has anyone on here done this b4 ? if so it would save me the time fannying around finding out which fan i can make fit in such a small place !!

anyone ???

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Just go for a low temp stat and low temp fan switch ... if you really want to cool things down go for an oil cooler as well.

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Feck me Tony where you been hiding mate ? Long time no see ?

All the larger fan would do would cool the car down quicker and not make it run cooler.

Run a low temp stat/fan switch will reduce the running temp down.

yea mate, why?

Seperate thermo controlled oil cooler will help more, if your motor is overheating, well.....you should know the problem.

clio 20v

oil cooler is between filter an block a seperate 1 wud be better if temps high on tuned engines there 100 an odd quid from bb or k-tec

adi

The factory fitted oil cooler isnt like the one you mean Chavy.

I have a low temp stat and low temp fan switch whith a over ride switch so i can turn the fan on and off as i please.

Fitted a oil cooler kit too, it does keep the oil temp down a fair bit.

My fan stopped workin so i replaced it with a biger one, thought i may as well while i was doing it.

Could i have the worlds coolest clio!!!

You alright Ivan mate. Not really been hiding, just been busy.

How you been? New car setteling in well?

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

She is doing a treat and I must get her rolling roaded as she is standard but i can keep up with 150bhp 16v as Bondy will testify ;o)

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 18 August 2003

yea mate, why?

Seperate thermo controlled oil cooler will help more, if your motor is overheating, well.....you should know the problem.
where can i get one ben ? just wanna bigger fan to cool it down quicker.....lets face it the one fitted isnt the best !!

p.s it already has a low temp fan switch

Tony what fan did you use ? was it from another car ? if so, which one ?

Mark, just get a oil filter sandwhich plate with thermo built in, 2 hoses to connect to a 13 row oil cooler that you mount anywhere you can down below and itll open when your oil reaches over 86 deg or whatever temp you choose.

Larger fan wont do much.

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 20 August 2003

Mark, just get a oil filter sandwhich plate with thermo built in, 2 hoses to connect to a 13 row oil cooler that you mount anywhere you can down below and itll open when your oil reaches over 86 deg or whatever temp you choose.
How good are oil coolers?

If I was to get one, and set it up like you say to open at 86 deg, how hot do you reckon the oil will ever go?

well, you just want to keep it below 105-110 C really.

How good are they, well, they do the job you ask, they cool the oil.

its thermo controlled meaning oil doesnt flow to the cooler below the opening temp, so warmup times are not affected. Then, once its at the temp you want it just keeps it hovering around that area.

I have oil temp problems which leads to pressure problems, when on track i can get near 120 C which is really really cooking oil, so i have to change reguarly.

cheers, wheres the cheapest place to buy one......seein as i always suggest somewhere & then you come back to me with someone cheaper & just as good if not better.....yer bloody know it all....lol;)

tony.....what car was the fan from ??

you could probably sort yourself out for 80 quid.....100 if your lazy and buy a kit.

Or take an oil cooler off a car in the scrappy, or buy one from a dealer if you can find a cheap one. Sort the unions and hoses then just bolt it to your sandwhich plate.

Have a search on the net, or get mike to....you know how good he is a finding sh*t.

BMW 320d Sport

Mark, members get a discount with Mocals distributors, Think Automotive. Ive been running a 16 row/235mm wide cooler for quite a while with an oil stat in the sandwich plate and braided oil pipes to hook it all up. About a hundred quid it cost me and definitely worth it if you do a lot of track work and see high temps.