ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

laquer Drip

Ultra Red Clio 197
Been busy painting my front bump strips this last couple of days... today is the final stage.. Laquering..

Anyway, had them looking perfect when the spray can decides to do a big drip.. typically it landed on once of the pieces I was spraying..

Ok so whats the best way to fix it, as I dont want a round drip mark spoiling my work.. I have just left it there with the intention of sanding it down with some 320grid wet n dry after the laquer hardens, then giving it another coat of laquer after..

Is this the correct way to fix the problem?

Cheers

Punto/Clio GTT
yup

or, you could try wetflat it out without going through the laquer, then buff it up with G3

you'll need to use P1500 or P2000 though

Ultra Red Clio 197
yup

or, you could try wetflat it out without going through the laquer, then buff it up with G3

you'll need to use P1500 or P2000 though

Just the man I was hoping would reply!.. thanks

Think I only have up to P1200 though, will have to do as im not driving out to get some P1500... all for a drip!

Punto/Clio GTT
P1200 will be ok just harder to polish up afterwards and you may see very fine scratches,
use a rubber block if you have one

good luck! :p