ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Laptop SSD drives

Wish to replace the boot HDD in my laptop with a SSD drive

Looking at 128 gigs

Does anyone know anything about these? best prices/specs etc?

TIA as ever!

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
good speed increases, i got a ssd for a dell laptop, made a hell of a difference for me

Shed.
David would you say an ssd would be worth investing in over my raptor. 10k is pretty fast and loads games in no time.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
raptor? i take it thats a desktop

well , no noise, no moving parts, less power... in your case though it would depend on the model of ssd, they won't come cheap. I'd definitely be tempted if i could afford it...but if you've already got rpators, not sure how much value you'd get from it...they don't always come up trumps in every situation, take a look at tomshardware for benchmarks

SLK 350
I'd wait until the end of this year, Windows 7 is the first OS to be SSD 'aware' and makes a much better job of managing thr filesystem/fragmentation which is at present a problem if your continually writing data to your HDD.

Personally I'm waiting until the OEM start rolling them out en masse, that'll be enough to bring prices down.