ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

laptop problems

none :(
im not too clued up on stuff like this so please excuse me if im slow.

when trying to access certain sites my laptop wont load them, or it redirects to a third party site. Is my laptop / internet fucked, starting to poss me off now

any help would be appreciated

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Download Malware bytes and Microsofts own security essentials. They should take care of it.

Also ditch Norton.

Shout at it, shaking your fists.

or install and run Spybot - Search & Destroy (I think - haven't needed to for years, somebody else may suggest something better) and your problem "should" be sorted...

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Norton has been consistently good the past couple of years. Plus, it's quite light nowadays ;)

FF Clio 182
Norton is s**t, end of no questions asked! Why pay £40 a year when you can get something better for £15. I have used Kaspersky for years and never had a problem. When fixing people's computers i always install Microsoft security essentials as it is a good product, covers the basics whilst not being to intrusive.

Have you tried using a different web browser i.e Chrome, Firefox, Safari? (I am assuming your using IE as that is always a big contributor to web problems) If it works fine in other browsers then i would suggest changing from your current. If not then i would say you have more malicious problems at work. In dealing with it i would be running a virus scan or failing that try installing Microsoft security essentials.

FF Clio 182
If Norton is so amazing how come its allowed the OP to get into the state he's in? There are free products out there that perform better therefore its s**t sorry :p

But from what we know we can definitively see that norton is at fault here. But yes it is s**t ;)