ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

laptop help

53 Clio's & counting
Ok, as some of you will know, I'm useless with computers.

My laptop, a HP G61 (I think?!) is about 4 years old, and the battery died.

I bought a new one off Ebay which works fine, but a few days ago it just stopped charging,

I have tried both new and old battery, and it's the same, it doesn't charge.

I can use it by plugging it in the charger, but again the message that comes up when I move the mouse curser over the battery symbol is:

'1% available (plugged in, not charging)'

So I'm guessing I have an issue here, any ideas which way to go?

As said i'm useless so go easy please :eek: x

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
£40 isn't " cheap " , cheap for a battery , but that doesn't mean to say you haven't bought a cheap battery though , they usually cost about double that price for an original battery , yours is probably some cheap Chinese compatible at that price . From my experience the cheap batteries don't last long . I'm no expert on laptops and batteries , but from i understand is that leaving the mains power plugged in all the time the battery is in place kills it , also you used to cycle batteries from new . i.e. , discharge it / charge it a few times . This prolongs battery life . Someone might come along and say i'm talking a load of old b0llocks lol .