ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

kwikfit - good just lack knowlage

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
just went to reno macclesfield see if they could identify the proplem with the 172, to get told by the chavvyest woman that i could borrow anyone as they are all busy and i couldnt bring it back till tuesday..

so i poped into kwik fit on the way back as in past experience they have always been keen to help and again they were :D

guy stoped what he was doing, took the car out, got it up on the rams gave it a good looking over,

unfortunately his conclusion was "its something mechanical near that wheel"

great cheers.. thats exactly what i told you

anyway its getting worse so its going into another garrage tomorow hopefully to have what ever it is done under warrenty

Maz

LY 200
Always found kwick fit to be very helpful also, was in there recently for a tyre fixed, customer service is their strong point.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
not a bearing, completely the wrong noise and it doesnt have any top to bottom movement in the wheel

not as yet not had chance as it only developed last night

Kwik fit in my experience are utter sh*te :mad: They seem to know sweet fa about things they're supposed to know about.

Look on the bright side, at least they didn't try & tell you that you need £500 spent on it (on parts you don't actually need) & they can 'just happen' to fit you in.

Kwit fit lol, more like sh*t fit !!

None
The Kwik Fit near me are pretty good. The guy in their owns an Alpine so knows alot about Renaults and modifying and sorted out my exhuast without a problem today and recommended using uprated exhuasts mounts if I have any more probs with it :)

kwik fit near me are s**t hot. they used to swap the decat over each year on my Williams for MOT time for a tenner and fitted numerous stainless steel exhausts as a favour too. depends on the dealer as to how good they are, but they are "fitters", not mechanics.

was black/gold ff 182
mine aint the best had a new tyre fitted to find a new mark on my alloys where they had took old tyre off

sport 172 mk2
not a bearing, completely the wrong noise and it doesnt have any top to bottom movement in the wheel

not as yet not had chance as it only developed last night

Just had a rear bearing changed and I didn't have any play at all on wheel, so don't rule out bearing.

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
my mate took his car in there for a new exhaust manifold they manage to drop a washer in the engine and it snapped a valve off and put a hole in the piston nice one kiwik fit