ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

KW coilovers V2

Clio172
Hey all

I am planning on buying the above as reading thousands of threads everyone seems to have great comments.Currently the cheapest i can find these is £1077, has anyone bought for less?

Also would people recomend top mounts with these?

If there is anyone in essex with these fitted i would apreciate a ride to double check the ride is not massively harsh on the roads(dampers adjusted down)

Thanks in advance :D

these coilovers are great , i have a set on my 172 and they are so smooth on the road , and handle well as well, a lot smoother than the h&r's i took of my car !!! i always have kw's on my car's , there suspension is always so well made

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
We can price match on KWs and supply top mounts as well.

Just give us a bell or a PM f you would like any more information.

David.

Clio172
Many thanks everyone

For those who do it it true what they say about how the units corode at a much lower rate making heigh adjustments a few months down the line possible?

i've had other makes of coilovers and these seize solid after 6 months!

DMS

A thirsty 172
I'll definitely be investing in a set of coilovers soon but could really do with a passenger ride / drive in a couple of cars with different kits fitted to see what I prefer. Not really fussed about how much they cost and I've heard good things about the V2's.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
DMS said:
I'll definitely be investing in a set of coilovers soon but could really do with a passenger ride / drive in a couple of cars with different kits fitted to see what I prefer. Not really fussed about how much they cost and I've heard good things about the V2's.
If you're near Birmingham, welcome to a shot in mine.

i have a quick question, what kind of bolt do you need for the top hole that goes through the hub (if that makes sense?)

It has the raised bit for camber adjustment i think, its just the standard bolt does not fit well at all amd i presume this is the wrong one?

172 Ph1,Golf GTI PDI
Speak to Darren at Gwerks and see what price he can do you

01903 730 006

Tell him Pete tandino from Edition38 sent you, might get you a bit of discount..

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
Many thanks everyone

For those who do it it true what they say about how the units corode at a much lower rate making heigh adjustments a few months down the line possible?

i've had other makes of coilovers and these seize solid after 6 months!

here's some info on how the KW's deal with the corrosion:

http://www.kamracing.co.uk/index.php/news/guides-product-test-kw-coilovers-salt-spray/

we've not got the Clio ones back on the site yet but pm me with exactly what you want and I'll work out a good deal price that we can offer you with the AST top mounts..

Clio172
  172 Cup
The corrision test just says there was no rust? Carnt see where it says the V1 is better.

340i

Thats what I roll on ;)

Pop over when ever you like mate