ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

KTR Ultra Performance SS with Silenced Decat ??

DrewBear11

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST
Gents,

I've got a ktec ultra performance supersport exhaust (no centre silencer) and im having the problem where the seal on the cat olive join keeps blowing.
http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2419&appid=2

Im considering buying a ktec ultra performance decat (2.5Inch) so it will slide into the cat back, removing the shoddy olive join and removing the restriction.
http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2492&appid=2

But this system is fairly loud anyway and I don't want it much louder..

Does anyone know if the silenced ultra performance decat will keep the volume down ?

I suppose my other option is the mark fish cat mod, but it could be hard to explain to crappy garages where i live..

Any had any experience with silenced decats and know if they make any difference ?

Cheers

monaco 172
From what I've read they make little difference compared to a normal decat.

Why don't you buy the sleeved decat and then buy the sports centre section? Will sound very nice.

monaco 172
From what I've read they make little difference compared to a normal decat.

Why don't you buy the sleeved decat and then buy the sports centre section? Will sound very nice.

BG182®
A silenced decat did pretty much nothing for me. Putting the cat back in will lower the sound cosiderably, especially on the motorway.

DrewBear11

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST
yeah i suppose i could buy a silenced centre section and the 2.5" decat... anyone know how much that might set me back or what kind of volume that would be ???

I'll give ktec a ring in the morning and see what they think..

Evo 8 MR
yeah i suppose i could buy a silenced centre section and the 2.5" decat... anyone know how much that might set me back or what kind of volume that would be ???

I'll give ktec a ring in the morning and see what they think..

That's definitely the better option.

The silenced centre section takes away the noise slightly from inside the car around the front seats area. You'll still hear it at the rear though.

The silenced decat does nothing.

DrewBear11

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST
Well i called ktec today and its £130 for the silence centre section and its £50 for the decat before fitting so i think im gonna get the mark fish cat mod done, get the cat sleeved - removing the restriction and keeping it legal. Gonna see about booking it in somewhere sometime soon