ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ktr janspeed exhaust owners - problem

Clio 182
Just bought one of these new from k-tec and one of the tail pipes is held on by an exhaust clamp.

Don't know if this is normal or not. Wouldn't of though so since that's not shown on in the picture on the website and from what I've seen in the for sale section.

See pics

v96SS3.jpg

KseYcd.jpg

rlFPvi.jpg

Last edited:
  AB182, Audi A5 3.0
this is part of the design so you can adjust it to suit the other when fitted!!! so yes it is normal! :p

Clio 182
Is it like this on the new ones only? I figured it was for adjustment but if it's made well to begin with why would it need adjusted? Never seen this before on a back box! Looks wankk lol

Here's a pic of an older one without it...

kOcofF.jpg

js-ktr-182-supersport_f.jpg

Why the change

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
because people has trouble getting them to sit level on the bumper I expect. lots of backboxes are like this. My blue-flame is adjustable on both tips! As for looking 'w**k', you shouldn't notice it if it is put on properly! put the clamp up the other way and it will be hidden behind the bumper.

Clio 182
I don't like the fact you can see the pipe trough the tail pipe on the one side either...(looks like it's been modified to fit a 182!)

Gonna give them a bell. Hopefully it blackens up a bit you won't see it as much!

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
yes it will get very black quite quickly. tbh you look like you have it pushed on too far which is why it might seem more obvious.

Clio 182
That's the way I unboxed it! I havnt touched anything It's already way off and needs adjusting 😂

KJmdG5.jpg

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
it doesn't come preset in the box lol. they would have just put it on and done the clamp up. you can only set it when it on your car.

believe me it makes like a lot easier when fitting to have an adjustable tip. My KTEC supersports is impossible to line up without one - it either sits central with one tip further out than the other or sits off to the side with both times equal! (not that anyone notices anyway)!

Clio 182
Lol I gathered that...

The only thing i'll be able to adjust is how much one side sticks out to match the other side.. But if they were both just welded equally level then surly it would just be a matter of getting it sitting in the right spot...

At least if yours came like that then mine isn't just a one off. Just hopefully you can't see it when it's on the car

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Lol I gathered that...

The only thing i'll be able to adjust is how much one side sticks out to match the other side.. But if they were both just welded equally level then surly it would just be a matter of getting it sitting in the right spot...

At least if yours came like that then mine isn't just a one off. Just hopefully you can't see it when it's on the car
my KTEC one didnt come like that, I have the KTEC one on the janspeed one. I was saying that without it, its impossible to line up 100%. My blueflame has it on both tips as mentioned which was a breeze to setup and always looked spot on! probably why I haven't wold it yet even though its been off the car for a month!

Clio 182
Hmm well I wanna see what ktec s response is before I go ahead and get this fitted

Thought the only problem would of been getting it sitting nice in the cut outs not worrying about adjusting one side so it sits level out the back. Just another potential bit it could blow at if you ask me

Sorry to jump on the thead but i have the same exhaust and id like it sticking out abit more just so you can atleast see the "ktec" logo. Not to show it off im just not that keen on it sitting flush with my bumper. Is it possible to adjust these outwards or once its in, thats it? @The Fatty

Just bought one of these new from k-tec and one of the tail pipes is held on by an exhaust clamp.

Don't know if this is normal or not. Wouldn't of though so since that's not shown on in the picture on the website and from what I've seen in the for sale section.

See pics

v96SS3.jpg

KseYcd.jpg

rlFPvi.jpg
That must be the same exhaust fitted to my car. When I bought the car I was told it had a ktec exhaust. It looks the same.
My one pipe is clamped. I can try to post a pic in morning of the pipes blackened up if you like? So you know how it will look.
Mine looks great. I'm sure you'll be happy.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Sorry to jump on the thead but i have the same exhaust and id like it sticking out abit more just so you can atleast see the "ktec" logo. Not to show it off im just not that keen on it sitting flush with my bumper. Is it possible to adjust these outwards or once its in, thats it? @The Fatty
You can move the whole system forwards at the join to the center pipe. Mine doesn't say ktec on it (older version I expect), but it sticks out a good 2cm to 3cm! I can take pics if you like? Let my know.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Hmm well I wanna see what ktec s response is before I go ahead and get this fitted

Thought the only problem would of been getting it sitting nice in the cut outs not worrying about adjusting one side so it sits level out the back. Just another potential bit it could blow at if you ask me
it wont blow at this point. There is no pressure for it to blow here.

Clio 182
Yeah got a reply from ktec and aparently all the new models they do from janspeed come with this adjustment clamp in place now.

I'm gonna just make them level, leave the clamp facing up out of sight then fit it and see how it looks...

Rather it sat more flush with the bumper but worried it might leave black scorch marks? Or isn't this the case with these exhaust/cars?

The standard on it just now sticks out and sags down so got new hangers n all...

Yeah got a reply from ktec and aparently all the new models they do from janspeed come with this adjustment clamp in place now.

I'm gonna just make them level, leave the clamp facing up out of sight then fit it and see how it looks...

Rather it sat more flush with the bumper but worried it might leave black scorch marks? Or isn't this the case with these exhaust/cars?

The standard on it just now sticks out and sags down so got new hangers n all...
Mine sits flush and no marks, soot or anything. Tends to be diesel engines that leave soot anyway.

Be aware that fitting new mounts/hangers will more than likely make the exhaust vibrate against bumper at low revs. I.e. when parking up/maneuvering about.

Few hundred miles and the rubber softens/settles and it sits nice then. No vibrations.

Mine were perished so swapped to new and had this issue.

I minimized the initial vibration by inserting washers onto the bolts of the hanger, between the mount and body of car, so exhaust sits lower. Their still in at the minute as I didn't long change my hangers and the exhaust sitting perfect.

Last edited:
  Clio 182
Good thinking with the washers. Will give this a go if I have any issues!

Have you left the clamp with the bolts facing down? Can it be seen from the back?

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
You can get to it with a ring spanner when its facing up anyway?! And you can't adjust it properly til its on the car.

[emoji20] Lol. They haven't been treated smooth anything for ages. All my cleaning gears in a storage unit, move into my new house friday.... And I can make up for lost time with some machine polishing loving in my new garage! [emoji106]

Can't wait to spray everything black though. Treatments never get them that dark anyway.