ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

KTEC

phase 2 172
having mine fitted with a decat at about 1pm today .i will post some vids and feedback later today.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Like ollie, I'm happy with mine, it's quite loud now I have a 182 manifold and sport cat, but not 'boomy' IMO, it's quite raspy sounds a little like my mates EP3 now.

From the systems I have seen I think they are a great bit of kit for the money - have had one or two baffle fails but as you'd be purchasing the unit new you also get a lifetime warranty for peace of mind.

Clio 172 Cup
almost doubles the weight of your car lol eats exhaust hangers takes a while to get sat right. Apart from that mines spot on. I have the girly one with a centre section tho!

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
dont fit very well

If that is the case then it cannot have been fitted correctly. It is such a simple system to fit but most garages do not adjust the rear hanger correctly.

We have just had a customer come to see us with a system that had been fitted by another garage, we had to take it off and refit again and now it is spot on.

David.

Fabia vRS
Just got rid of my K-Tec stealth - thank God! And that was a standard stealth, not a supersport. The boom/drone on the motorway was sickening so I bet the supersport would be even more annoying. Despite what K-Tec say they do NOT deliver standard sound, so avoid like the plague if this is what you're after. On inspection the system is just 2.5 inch all the way thru and the baffles in the silencers aren't very substantial at all - basically they're just two boxes. Both of those design factors would never deliver standard sound! I've just bought a Yozza stealth - it has substantial baffles in the backbox and tapers to 2.25 inch at the end to reduce sound output dramatically. It also fits like a glove :approve: - definitely worth the extra money in my opinion.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Just got rid of my K-Tec stealth - thank God! And that was a standard stealth, not a supersport. The boom/drone on the motorway was sickening so I bet the supersport would be even more annoying. Despite what K-Tec say they do NOT deliver standard sound, so avoid like the plague if this is what you're after. On inspection the system is just 2.5 inch all the way thru and the baffles in the silencers aren't very substantial at all - basically they're just two boxes. Both of those design factors would never deliver standard sound! I've just bought a Yozza stealth - it has substantial baffles in the backbox and tapers to 2.25 inch at the end to reduce sound output dramatically. It also fits like a glove :approve: - definitely worth the extra money in my opinion.
Massively agree, it's just in a different league in terms of sound, fit and quality. But, you get what you pay for.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Thank you for this feedback guys, we are soon to be looking at a super quiet stealth system with more of a bias on sound rather than performance.

Quality wise we are very happy. We have very, very few issues and all our systems come with a lifetime guarantee which we would not include if we were not confident in the quality. We even have a Yozza system here to compare ours against ;) but we will not be making any quality changes.

David.

ph1 172
I've just removed a centre silenced k-tec stealth to fit a yozza race system.
I didn't mind the sound of the stealth tbh, a bit sportier than standard.
After fitting the yozza system perfectly 1st time in 35mins (over a pit) you realise the difference in quality. They do fit so well.
The weight of the k-tec system is also shocking, sags like fook on new and reinforced mounts.
Plus the yozza systems back boxes interchange :D
Buy yozza, buy once.

Fabia vRS
Thank you for this feedback guys, we are soon to be looking at a super quiet stealth system with more of a bias on sound rather than performance.

Quality wise we are very happy. We have very, very few issues and all our systems come with a lifetime guarantee which we would not include if we were not confident in the quality. We even have a Yozza system here to compare ours against ;) but we will not be making any quality changes.

David.

No-one has ever complained about the quality of your systems. However you maybe should considder editing the description of you products - quote from the K-Tec website regarding the KTR 172/cup Stealth Exhaust System Mk2 - "This new stainless steel cat back exhaust system features enlarged 2.5" bore pipework along with a new design of rear silencer which has been fine tuned to offer a very subtle yet sporty exhaust note that does not become too loud or intrusive at motorway cruising speeds". It's certainly what caught me out when I was looking for a quality replacement for my standard system.

phase 2 172
just had my ktec stealth supersport with a decat fitted yesterday by ricky p(a french car specialest).he said the full system fitted like a glove and was very impressed with the system.as for sound ?imo it sounds awsome and the car goes loads better.bearing in mind my standard system was shot.so in all thank you very much ktec great product and service.

BMW 330cd
If that is the case then it cannot have been fitted . It is such a simple system to fit but most garages do not adjust the rear hanger correctly.

We have just had a customer come to see us with a system that had been fitted by another garage, we had to take it off and refit again and now it is spot on.

David.

it may not have been fitted correctly i dont know, but it was fitted by you guys!