ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ktec sports cat.

Renault Clio 172 Cup
Hi,
I've had my cup for 3 months. It came with a ktec sports cat with 2 sensora, and a standard exhaust. The engine warning light in bottom right corner of the dash has come on and won't go off. Is it emission issues or something else?

Cheers.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Could be anything thats throwing the light on.

You will need to get it on a diagnostic machine to find out what the problem was.

Mine used to come on every day and it was P130 Bank 1 Sensor but since fitting a new CAT gasket kit and stopping the exhaust blow its not been back on for over a week.

"Navy" N17 TWO
I have the same sport cat too with their recessed system and get the light on sometimes on a long motorway run, needs the RS Tuner to clear it when it comes up

Strangely, it doesn't seem to do anything different when the light is on :S something fooling a lambda sensor maybe?

172/1.2/E30
My KTR cat is throwing the EML aswell. It's due to the low catalytic converter efficiency. Properly working 200 cell cats are pretty expensive though.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Mine does it to on long motorway runs, I just switch it back off with my hand held OBD Reader thingy