ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ktec Hand Held Code Reader

VaVa
They work.. but my EML comes on and, although I can turn it off, it doesn't actually give me a fault code to tell me what the problem is!

It did work on my friends C4 though.

EDIT - Mine was £20 from ebay:quiet:

PH1 172
I paid £15 iinc p+p from ebay, comes in handy as the eml light comes on after a week ish due to the decat. It tells me the code and resets the light.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Wouldn't bother personally.

I got one for a tenner off here fir the laugh but it doesn't really do much.

clio 182
so people have got them off ebay rather than from ktec. any1 wanna hook me up with a link?

i just dont wanna waste the money from one off ebay for it not to work, least if i get one from ktec i can send it back if it doesnt work

Evo 8 MR
Worth it imo, saves paying an autoelectrician to tell you the fault each time a light comes on.

Clio 182
i got my emissions light checked and they used one which couldnt tell what the fault was and then the guy brought out this bigger one where he had to choose the make or car (renault) and this found the code. it also printed off a little peice of paper. anyone know what they are?

Clio 172 Cup
K-Tec and E-bay one are the same I believe.

E-bay one is much cheaper.

I had high hopes but was disappointed.

Better to find a local mechanic who has the Renault Clip and get a proper diagnosis.