ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ktec droop

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Any methods for stopping the ktec 172 exhausts drooping on the rear hanger? It's as tight as it'll go.

My only thought is to put a high temp band of silicon around it, maybe the self amalgamating hose tape.

big boost cup
copper pipe wedged into the hanger and fill it with silicone. or an acrylic glue mines lasted 4 years like that

172 Cup
Throw out the s**t U-clamps they provide and stump up for a stainless steel mikolar style exhaust clamp.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
When they droop, the strap is usually not on in the right place. Get it into the right place and you'll get it done up a LOT tighter

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
My one's fine. :D

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1392296301909.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1392296301909.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 95

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
When they droop, the strap is usually not on in the right place. Get it into the right place and you'll get it done up a LOT tighter

Oh its tight and in the right place where I can get it tight, just over time it slips slightly, only makes it droop 10-15mm lower but its annoying. I'd take a pic if the car was at home.

i cut out the black rubber and used powerflex exh 001 bush put it in the top hole and cable tied the bush in place works a treat

That's not the issue, that's the exhaust mount. The issue is the hanger on the box slipping.

My one's fine. :D

Says the man who's car is on axle stands... :p

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Tom don't use house hold silicone as it makes the joint slip which allows the rear box to twist.

Its sounding like the exhaust band is to big but I can't see how.

Post some pictures tom.

Last edited:
  Mec 350 slk manual
Any methods for stopping the ktec 172 exhausts drooping on the rear hanger? It's as tight as it'll go.

My only thought is to put a high temp band of silicon around it, maybe the self amalgamating hose tape.
Tom I found the std rear hanger to soft and went for a prima solid one it done the job

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Tom don't use house hold silicone as it makes the joint slip which allows the rear box to twist.

Its sounding like the exhaust band is to big but I can't see how.

Post some pictures tom.

That's why I was thinking of getting the self amalgamating tape and clamping onto that. Shouldn't slip then

Tom I found the std rear hanger to soft and went for a prima solid one it done the job

I've got a poly mount, that's not the problem. It's the hanger that's the problem.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Tom, is the clamp fitted like this?

I can't for the life of me see how the box is twisting in the clamp.

If it is then you need to pack it out some how.

Rubber strip or strips of foam? I that that tape will get hot and allow the box to move about even more.

8e8ysa5e.jpg

Its not twisting at the clamp on the back box BTW, it twists at the joint between the mid section and the back box section, ive had 2, both were the same, make sure the mid section is tight or tack welded.