ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ktec and their power claims.....

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Do a search mate, they have had some major issues as of late

LOL, got another one in at the moment. "uprated" oil pump apparently.........nope not even new, just charged for. 800 miles since ITBs fitted and something from inside the airbox has gone down a trumpet

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Ouch indeed! :( But sadly it doesn't surprise me after the problems I had, too. God knows how/where they went wrong. Spent a shed load of money and they couldn't even fix a couple of oil leaks (which were the lesser of the problems). Anyways... I digress.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I done a search I've not seen anything major.

a potential cambelt cockup but nothing else

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Ouch indeed! :( But sadly it doesn't surprise me after the problems I had, too. God knows how/where they went wrong. Spent a shed load of money and they couldn't even fix a couple of oil leaks (which were the lesser of the problems). Anyways... I digress.

majority of what I see seems to be down to leaving an apprentice unsupervised, doing work on the floor without a ramp (what I've been told by the customers)

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
When you own a set of rollers, you can make them read what you want them to read within reason.

If I am operating a rolling road, and I want a higher power figure after fitting an air freshener than before, I can do that.

Its just a tool mate and it can be misused, its a bit like asking a bloke to measure his knob, he might get a little bit inventive about quite where it is meant to start and finish even if the ruler is accurate, lol

The best comparison ever! Totally true. I know of an equally similar outfit to k Tec in the Vauxhall scene whose rollers equally can tell you pretty much anything you want or more what they assume the customer wants to see.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Ouch! How many have you seen from there Danny? Be interesting to here more

Cracked cat diagnosed as a corroded exhaust, so scorpion system supplied and fitted......badly. Didn't fix the original issue and actually made it worse. Same car had a brand new manifold to cat gasket kit fitted, with the bolts tightened so far the thread stripped, leaving the nuts spinning but impossible to remove without cutting.

Boomerang ITB'd 182 comes back every few months with a new owner (it sold again the other day I think) wiring is like spagetti and it makes nowhere near the 208bhp claimed (194 at SRR I believe) They normally go back to TDF when they won't let anyone have the software to fix it, moan it runs badly, get charged for something then sell it when it still doesn't run right.

Current one, the map is....erm......lol. Lambda switches off above 17% throttle (normally ~50%) and above 3.5k rpm (normally 4-4.5k) accel fuelling may aswell not have any adjustment for all thats been done, and I had to cut through about 200 cable ties to get the engine out.....2 of which were holding the rad to the front grille (this was sold as a "tilted rad mod")

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
majority of what I see seems to be down to leaving an apprentice unsupervised, doing work on the floor without a ramp (what I've been told by the customers)
Yes, could well be mate. I had a nightmare trying to get hold of Matt as he was always off somewhere supporting his race teams or was too busy (which, I appreciate, he no doubt was). But I was always passed onto someone else who had no idea who I was or what my car was in for. Point in case, I rang up after they'd had my car for a couple of weeks to see if they'd fixed said leaks and they didn't know which car was mine nor why I'd left it with them! :( Very poor communication I think. Plus I think the whole TDF / Track Group thing made things worse.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The money TDF milked out of bigash while doing substandard work on his car was shocking, things like charging him thousands of pounds for a full race spec loom, and then not even stripping out the stereo wiring let along making a decent loom with proper connectors etc, I am amazed he hasnt taken them to court, but I guess he doesnt want to throw the money at it which that would cost as legal action isnt cheap.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Yes, could well be mate. I had a nightmare trying to get hold of Matt as he was always off somewhere supporting his race teams or was too busy (which, I appreciate, he no doubt was). But I was always passed onto someone else who had no idea who I was or what my car was in for. Point in case, I rang up after they'd had my car for a couple of weeks to see if they'd fixed said leaks and they didn't know which car was mine nor why I'd left it with them! :( Very poor communication I think. Plus I think the whole TDF / Track Group thing made things worse.
Didnt you break his car or something that he loaned you? Bet that makes you chuckle now at the ammount of f**k ups he did for you :)

Btw I've been to fred's and seen your car and it's a load of s**t, may aswell of stuck some tights over your ITB's, it would've worked better

Evo 5 RS
Matt employed a few cretins basically, it's a shame.

Plus he had to fck trackgroup off as they were utterly useless. I got through to them a couple of times by mistake. Disorganised numpties

53 Clio's & counting
Cracked cat diagnosed as a corroded exhaust, so scorpion system supplied and fitted......badly. Didn't fix the original issue and actually made it worse. Same car had a brand new manifold to cat gasket kit fitted, with the bolts tightened so far the thread stripped, leaving the nuts spinning but impossible to remove without cutting.

Boomerang ITB'd 182 comes back every few months with a new owner (it sold again the other day I think) wiring is like spagetti and it makes nowhere near the 208bhp claimed (194 at SRR I believe) They normally go back to TDF when they won't let anyone have the software to fix it, moan it runs badly, get charged for something then sell it when it still doesn't run right.

Current one, the map is....erm......lol. Lambda switches off above 17% throttle (normally ~50%) and above 3.5k rpm (normally 4-4.5k) accel fuelling may aswell not have any adjustment for all thats been done, and I had to cut through about 200 cable ties to get the engine out.....2 of which were holding the rad to the front grille (this was sold as a "tilted rad mod")

So pretty shocking then!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Danny, isn't it andy at ktec that also does remaps on the standard Ecu for your customers as well from data logs you send him?
Could have sworn that's what he said anyway as he said something like you didn't have the equipment to do it properly yourself?

172 Race Car
popcorn.gif

Interesting read all this.

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Had a look on their facebook page earlier, saw T28 and 450bhp in the same sentence and instantly lost interest.........

Danny, isn't it andy at ktec that also does remaps on the standard Ecu for your customers as well from data logs you send him?
Could have sworn that's what he said anyway as he said something like you didn't have the equipment to do it properly yourself?

what's standard ECU got to do with standalone management which is what the car has fitted that Dan previously mentioned?

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2

Simon
Never spoken to you in my life
Andy

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Didnt you break his car or something that he loaned you? Bet that makes you chuckle now at the ammount of f**k ups he did for you :)

Btw I've been to fred's and seen your car and it's a load of s**t, may aswell of stuck some tights over your ITB's, it would've worked better
Yes mate - he loaned me his track car when my Trophy wasn't ready / broke again (after travelling from Wales to pick it up!). To be honest, that was very good of him and I can't fault him for that - and I genuinely felt awful when the diff fell out the bottom of the car on my way back from Castle Combe. :eek: It was funny in some ways but it was decent of him to loan me the car so credit where it's due. :) Cost me a small fortune in recovery to get it back from Wales to his place though! Grr! Also, I don't want this to turn into a Matt bashing thing (at least as far as I'm concerned). Most of the issues I had were actually attributed to Track Group (as it wasn't until some time later that I realised they were to become / had already become separate entities). I think that's part of the reason my car was forgotten about as communications were very poor their end and my car was passed from one to the other... I dunno. Speculation. But, ultimately, unhappy in terms of being a paying customer and believe me I certainly paid for it. :(

As for the ITB filter... well yes, you've now seen the evidence for yourself mate! Shocking, eh? It's annoying that a few folks attributed it to the fact that I wasn't looking after my car or maintaining it, etc. but those who know me and have read my thread will know I am meticulous and really look after my pink shed! :)

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
As for the ITB filter... well yes, you've now seen the evidence for yourself mate! Shocking, eh? It's annoying that a few folks attributed it to the fact that I wasn't looking after my car or maintaining it, etc. but those who know me and have read my thread will know I am meticulous and really look after my pink shed! :)

Its called the filter of death for a reason lol. Guppy's ITB'd shed that we broke had a similar one on it and it took an age to remove all the cr4p from the inside of the trumpets. Not sure what was more average, that or the 'loom' that was on it :headno: