ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Koni shocks. Any lower than standard?

Ph2 172 Track Toy
I want to fit koni shocks with sportlines. I've read good things about this setup but just wondering will it go lower than standard shocks with sportlines?

No overly bothered. The main purpose is the setup but it's nice have the looks as a by product.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Shocks dont lower the car, its the springs ;)

The pistons might be a little shorter but it wont affect how the car sits.

Ph2 172 Track Toy
Ofcourse shocks lower cars if the platforms are lower. I was wondering if the platforms were lower on konis

Ofcourse shocks lower cars if the platforms are lower. I was wondering if the platforms were lower on konis

By lower I mean the platforms are closer to where the shocker bolts to the car.

shocks don't lower cars, different spring height/ratios do that

Plus buy the konis from larkspeed they have a lifetime warranty at the moment on them

Ph2 172 Track Toy
shocks don't lower cars, different spring height/ratios do that

Plus buy the konis from larkspeed they have a lifetime warranty at the moment on them

Yeah it will be from larkspeed.

But how can you say dampers don't change ride height? If the platforms are closer or further away from the hub then the ride height will be different.

I do only mean at the front on a 172 obviously. Sportlines with knonis or standard shocks will have the same ride height at the rear.

172/1.2/E30
The platforms on the springs can't be much lower as they would foul the wheel then. Normally shocks are made in the same size as the standard ones.