ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Koni shock life expectancy

Megane RS 250
As I'm buying a used set, I know that as the shocks get old you can turn them stiffer to compensate the wear.
I'm wondering what's the life expectancy before they fail, and if they do, how much will it cost me to refurbish them?

The ones on my car have been on for 10 years and have corroded but the car still drives fine. (done about 45 000 miles in those 10 years) I've never been in a car with new ones fitted so couldnt say how they compare though

Megane RS 250
I'm buying a set with 25k miles, the seller told me they were perfectly fine on the car. They have been sanded and painted, so corrosion should be ok (it wasn't so bad before from the pictures, but it's better now!)
I think I will only have to turn them a bit stiffer. How are yours daveski? how many clicks?

Evo 8 MR
I'm buying a set with 25k miles, the seller told me they were perfectly fine on the car. They have been sanded and painted, so corrosion should be ok (it wasn't so bad before from the pictures, but it's better now!)
I think I will only have to turn them a bit stiffer. How are yours daveski? how many clicks?

One turn from maximum on the front and maximum on the rear.

Megane RS 250
St3ve that's your setup? Springs? I'm fitting them with Eibach Sportlines.
Maximum at the rear? Isn't that too stiff?