ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking sound from front of car

BG 182
The clio has recently developed a knocking noise from the drivers side front it seems. it started as a single knock when pulling forward and breaking or reversing and breaking (pressing the brake initiated the noise) but its now much more common. i have checked on both sides the wishbone bushes and balljoints, caliper mounting fixtures and strut to hub bolts and everything seemed good.

has anybody got any ideas or pointers on what to check next? and does anyone know the correct way to diagnose a dead driveshaft or cv joint as im not ruling one of those out yet.

​cheers :)

2004 Renault Clio
I had a knocking sound in my car in a similar situation and sometime i felt knocking through the brake pedal. Turned out it was a faulty ABS ring reluctor. Replaced it and its all fine and dandy.

BG 182
Sorted!!. Im reluctant to say what the cause of the noise was, but it ends in 'bolt' and there are 4, all of which were not very tight at all:banghead: