ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking noise

Clio 172 Sport
A knocking noise started all of a sudden yesterday evening. If I turn left I get a really loud knocking noise coming form the passengers side which can be felt through the car. After a short time a short time it also does it but with a grinding time noise it I accelerate which is a lot worse if I accelerate harder.
It does it when turning left even if the clutch is down and also seems worse if I turn quicker/sharper not sure if this helps.

Anybody got any idea’s?

Thanks in advance

Renault Clio Extreme 16v
ive got this problem, had my MOTon monday.. my coil springs are on their last leg so they failed it.

Anything else that would of been causing my knocking noise would of been picked up by the MOT surely?

Getting the coil springs replaced today... ill let you know if my knocking noise stops.

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Was just about to start a thread about this and noticed the title..
I have the same thing except on drivers side and turning left. Faster or further turning makes it louder.

So far I've got a list of things to look at: wheel nuts, wheel bearings, discs, coils.

MGP W02
I had a knocking on hard left hand cornering - but it only affected me then i was using throttle coming out of a bend. Fred fixed mine - my right hand engine mount was very loose and the bush had rotated.

Might be worth checking.

Megane dci 130
Was the stud broken? Nut that holds it to the gearbox loose? Iv seen two now that have done this.

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Ended up replacing the drive shaft on mine. Seemed to fix it then minutes later it came back. Whilst changing it noticed the ball joint and track rod end were a bit buggered so going to change those at the weekend and see what happens.

£100 down the drain for the DS lol

"Navy" N17 TWO
I'm getting a knocking/clunking in mine today - goes away if you accelerate or brake :S

It sounds like something is catching the wheel but they are all ok

Ball joints, ARB bushes and trackrods are all done recently
Have Sportlines fitted about a year this month - with standard shocks

Any ideas?