ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

knocking noise when driving

hi all i have this really annoying knocking noise from the drive sides front wheel.
As I am driving along and there is pot hole in the road there is knocking noise coming from the driver side somewhere either from or near the wheel.
I thought it was my suspension because I had 40 mill springs on exsisting dampers so the drive was horrible, I bought a VMax suspension kit and had it fitted but the noise is still there.

I have looked at the wheel and the steering rack, track rod end and all seem solid and fine, when I lean on the front of the car and bounce it up and down there is no noise, it only happens when I am driving.
The top mounts both seem fine.

Iv tried everything to find this can anyone give me any advice or ideas on what it could be.

Thanks a lot

Clio 182
Sorry for Hijacking but are the trackrods the same as the tie rod's? Mine made that noise as well and Ive just failed the MOT becase of worn tie/track?? rod ends and worn balljoints.