ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking noise from rear! HELP!

Hi people,

Here is my problem, i normally drive with the stereo on so don't hear this noise!

When driving at low speed (below 30) and particularly on cambered roads with small bumps I hear a knocking noise which seems to be quite consistent.
It sounds as if it is coming from the rear, but also sounds like it is quite high up, not around the suspension area (I could be wrong!) I have taken out the parcel shelf, plugged the seat belts in etc and it is still there?

Any suggestions? I am going to get it jacked up over the weekend to have a look further, any ideas where to look or what to look for? Or suggestions in general?

Would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

CB600FS
172/182s eat rear shocks, normal Clios don't eat them as much, rear springs snap at the top and bottom aswell.

I had the rear shocks replaced about 3 months ago, so it shouldn't be those.
Rear springs though? possibly.. ill have a better inspection when I jack the car up over the weekend.

Its a really annoying noise, is it bad for the car? Sorry I am really not that mechanically minded.

Just incase anyone ever searches for similar problem in the future I thought I would post my findings/solution.

I took the car for a drive with my mate sat in the back he opened up the rear seats and got through to the boot. He said it seemed that the noise was coming from the boot latch or the boot. So we stopped and had a look. The rubber bumpers with the plastic attachment on the hatchback of the moveable part of the boot seemed to rattle from side to side slighty and make the rolling knocking kind of noise. With a little self amalgamating tape and another test drive the noise is gone!

Hurrah!!!!!!!