ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

knocking (again)

172CUP/Fiesta supersport

I only picked up my 8000 mile 172 cup on saturday (well delighted) but I have been browsing this forum for a few weeks as I knew I was buying this car, I have seen several threads regarding the engine mount knocking in low gears, accelerating, decelerating etc and guess what I have a knock also:( the thing is though the knocking that I am getting is not while doing any of the above it is while stationary and the car is just idleing!! not all the time just every now and again and if I dab the throttle ie rev the engine the knocking goes away momentarily. other than this the car behaves fine no knocking on acceleration etc. so basically will this be the engine mount problem also? as it does seem to be coming from the vacinity of the offside engine mount.

cheers for any thoughts/input.

BMW M3

Hi there, Not sure if this is the same as mine but i often get a tapping noise from my 182 when its stationary and at idle. I have discussed this on the forum 2 days ago (Titled: Any 182 Owners!!) and it seems it is a common occurance. I am off to the garage tomorrow to find out if its meant to happen. Hope this helps....

Ford Fiesta

I get this sometimes on my 182, you can hear it just before you switch engine off. Dont know what it is. and like you it doesnt hapen all the time.