ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kestrel DAS-6 Opinions?

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Hi,

I'm looking into getting a Kestrel DAS-6. Does anyone have any experience with them?

Would i be best buying one of the kits which includes polishes and pads or buying a polisher and all separate products? It will be my first time using a DA.

Would someone be kind enough to spec me a polisher and accessories?

Thanks alot, Russ

I was in a similar position to yourself. I as after a G220, but was unsure whether I should get a kit, or separate products. In the end I decided to get a G220 and just the polishes/pads that I thought I needed.

If I knew what I know now, I would have got a kit, as Ive just ordered some more polish, which I didnt originally get, but I would have if I bought a kit.

My advice would be to get a kit. As it contains everything you will need.

Something like these:
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polis...al-action-polisher-menzerna-kit/prod_522.html

http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/acatalog/Kestrel_DAS-6_Meguairs_kit_1.html

Audi TT 3.2 V6
The CYC kit looks good. Ive heard very mixed reports on the megs polishes. As to what results they give. How do Menzerna polishes rate? I have some swirling to remove and want to bring the car to a real deep shine.

I have some Dodo juice wax, would the car benefit from applying this using the DA or would i be as well doing it by hand?

I have the menz polishes. If you have a lot of swirls, you might need some intensive polish, as I found that final finish polish didnt really do that much! :(
I think the clio paint is quite hard, hence you need a more aggressive polish.

As for the wax, Im not too sure. I always apply wax by hand, but Im sure you could do it with the DA. Do a bit of reading ;)

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Tbh there isnt alot of swirls as the car just a few. As much as anything i want to achieve a nice deep shine to the car. Might practise on my mums astra....less than 12months old, black paint and swirled like mad due to the use of hand car washes. tut tut

Out of all the kits, the megs/menz kit would be the best. But you pay quite a bit more for it compared to the kestrel! I cant really comment on Sonus, as Ive never used them.

But if you can afford the Megs G220, then go for it! You wont be disappointed, I got it and im not!

Audi TT 3.2 V6
I can afford the megs polisher however im just struggling to justify an extra 50%/£60 on it, unfortunately not many people seem to have tried the kestral kit yet to see how it compares to the megs kit. Decisions decisions lol

Audi TT 3.2 V6
lol already got 2 roles of tape. got quite a bit of detailing stuff but most of it is hand polish related.

106 GTi
Probably get more user experiences of both machines over on Detailing World than on here.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Cheers Rich, ive just signed up over there. Will have a look and see what they have to say.

Storm Grey 200
I have one, and its good, well i have no experience with other machines, but its served me fine, and done a damn good job on the paint. I got the menzerna kit.

clio 182 & Fiesta RSTurbo
I have one, and its good, well i have no experience with other machines, but its served me fine, and done a damn good job on the paint. I got the menzerna kit.

I got the kestrel D6, which pad did you use?

Shed.
Im tempted to get one for summer because they are so cheap. I have had a G220 with the Megs kit and also the Menz kit. The menz was the best with the DAS pads sonus do.

I will be getting a Kestrel, menz final finish and a finishing pad, as ive tried to keep the dynarat in mint condition, and even now after 6 months without a machine polish, it looks okay !

Menz are best suited for harder german paint.

For a DA beginner you are better off with the Sonus kit as easier to use and less temperamental in cold conditions.

The Sonus kit will produce the same great results but the learning curve will be so much shorter.

Don't forget to use the cliosport 7.5% coupon code - get your discount today not tomorrow. ;)

clio 182 & Fiesta RSTurbo
Menz are best suited for harder german paint.

For a DA beginner you are better off with the Sonus kit as easier to use and less temperamental in cold conditions.

The Sonus kit will produce the same great results but the learning curve will be so much shorter.

Don't forget to use the cliosport 7.5% coupon code - get your discount today not tomorrow. ;)

Looks like i'll be gettin the sonus pads then cos alot of people are lovin the menz polish. But to be honest if you saw the state of my swirls i think the menz pads are needed lol! :eek:

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
i have a das-6 DA and i love it, cant go wrong with it for the money, in the next 12 month i expect it will have go up in price to a more G220 price, dont be put off by the branding. people like I4Detailing CYC etc would not sell it if it wasnt upto scratch. one thing to take note off is that on a car such as a clio spot pads are as vital as normal pads :)