ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Keeping A Spare In A 182...

Lou

ClioSport Club Member
Does anyone keep a spare in their boot under one of the nets?
Thought would be a good idea to do this as knowing my luck I'll get a flat in the middle of nowhere!!

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
Thought about getting one of these as i found a screw in my rear tyre on sunday evening - i think certain peops have 15" steel wheels as they can fit

Yes, but then you'll be as slow as a 172!! ;)

You can keep a spare, and I would if I had one, as I think it's stupid not having one and means you have to call the AA/RAC and wait an hour for them to turn up.

Yeah, but if you get a hole bigger than a spec of dust, it's damn useless, and once a tyre's been filled with foam, it's ruined, where as it could maybe be repaired if it hadn't been driven far on and swapped with a spare.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
What wheels fit the 182 please does it have to be a 16" alloy/steel or will a 15" be ok ?? :S or will you be limping down the road :)

i was under the impression any 4 hole wheel works ? :S

Lou

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I've got the foam but not heard good stories about it!
Just got to source a spare now!!

172 Cup
Me too untill a mate gave me a spare from his old corsa which was the same size steelie and contisport tyre as my spare tyre. The offset was the same but the bore of the middle was too small and wouldn't fit on the hub. 20 mins with the angle grinder, then it fit.

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
Foam is a waste of time, i got a spare wheel/PE2

refurb4ld4.jpg

Black/Gold 182
I bought a spare 182 cup alloy (16in) with PE2 from a write-off. Scratched to f*ck but better than foam. Cost £100 including the tyre.

And it takes up loads of the boot (I travel a lot can cannot fit a suitcase in when I'm carrying the spare)

Renaultsport Clio 182
dont they come with a spare?:S
no mate - 182's dont come with spares because the twin silencers go right through where the spare is normally kept on other cars.

renault decided to sacrifice practicality in favour of looks and slighly more performance:D

RenaultSport clio Trophy
Does anyone know if something like this would be suitable?
Its four stud, i dont know what else to look for.

?

Da

Less
You need a centre bore of 60.1mm i think it is, PCD should be 4 x 100 and the size of the wheel ideally 15" with a decent profile tyre.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i've got a 15inch rim witha new tyre with only 40 road mile use.

it is in car parts for sale. i have used it on my 182 before.

free to anyone who comes to collect.

pm me.

Shhh
the 182 uses 205/45/16 tyres, therefore if you fitted a 15 rim, can you not get a 205/60/15 or even a 205/70/15 tyre to fit to take up gap.?

ph quick
just chuck the spare in behind the drivers seat, no leg room for passengers but prob squeeze a wheel in ;)

fad

Clio 182 FF
I'd just get a air compressor and AA memebership. Cheaper than a new wheel and can be used for all kinds of situations

I paid £40 for my 182 cup alloy with PE2 tyre which gets strapped into the boot on long journeys.

I dont bother carrying it around all the time. If im local to home and have a flat I plan on calling someone out to bring me my spare wheel :)