ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K4M project

Clio II 1.4 16V
I'm driving 2002 Renault Clio 1.4 16V for about two years. At first it was comliptly standard, than I bought Koni coilovers, updated brake pads etc. but this year I've decided to start all over again.

I've used front Renault sport (Bilstein) struts and dampers from Clio I 1.8 16V Gr.A (I had to make some modifications), rear Clio II RS Gr.N dampers (Bilstein) and Clio II RS Gr.N springs (front and rear, both 6kg/mm). I've also made solid top mounts. Beside that I've updated my brakes - Clio II RS hubs with brake calipers, Fritech race pads, Clio II RS Gr.N discs.

bilstein1.jpg

bilstein2.jpg

solid-top-mounts.jpg

zavore1.jpg

zavore2.jpg

skupaj.jpg

Thats all for now.. ..engine swap is in progress. More pictures later.

Last edited:
  alien green rs133
awesome i want those struts on the front of my k4m powered beast.
what you doing to the engine or are you keeping it standard?
have a look at my project thread :D

Clio II 1.4 16V
I have to clean my car for some nice pictures.. ..I'll do that asap.

K4M won't be standard.. ..skimed head (little higher compression), lightened flywheel, Clio 172 exhaust manifold (modified to fit on K4M engine) and custom (home made) intake manifold (that will look very similar to JMS RS2 manifold).

You have a very nice car. Good projekt.

Clio II 1.4 16V
I'll have to trim a bit of slam panel but I won't need to use locking pins for bonnet (if everything goes like it was planned). Today I've received exhaust manifold flange.. ..this weekend will be busy (I have a lotof welding to do).

Clio II 1.4 16V
Difference between K4J and K4M is just extra 200ccm (K4M), almost everything else is the same (depends on type of TB - fly by wire or mechanical). My intake manifold will fit on both engines.

E7J = 1.4 8V engine

alien green rs133
in that case i have a set of boddies that will fit both engines than :D

mloncar, where have you got exhaust flange from as i would like to have a play fitting a turbo flange to one :D

Clio II 1.4 16V
Exhaust flange was made in local machine shop. I've made a copy of exhaust gasget (in Solidworks) and than it was cut on water jet. I can send you the drawing if it helps.

Love it, will be a bit like minivalvers old motor, althoug a1.4 not 1.6. His showed impressive gains doing mods ike this.

Clio II 1.4 16V
I've made 3 different plenums.. ..the one on right is the latest and will be use on my engine.

18052011120.jpg

Test fit..

18052011096.jpg

18052011100.jpg

18052011113.jpg

19052011124.jpg

And my favorit pic..

19052011123.jpg

Clio II 1.4 16V
I'll use standard ECU - Siemens Sirius 32 (with remap) and injectors. If it won't be enought I'll go with DTA S40 PRO standalone ECU.