ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K4M Project Blog

Evo 6, E92 320d
End of the week matey, all go to plan? I cba to read it all through again but what brake setup are you running now? Im working on getting adapters made up to run 285mm discs a lot less than ktec charge:)

I cba to read it all through again but what brake setup are you running now? Im working on getting adapters made up to run 285mm discs a lot less than ktec charge:)

Why bother just get a set of 4 pot calipers and brackets made up its a much lighter and better stopping setup and lasts longer.

M

mini-valver

Reet, the car is all loaded up on a transporter with SBV116's cup ready top go. Paul had problems mapping Yasser's cup and as he has no space to keep cars at his unit, they have to go up on the day of mapping, which is when Paul gets a day or 2 spare. Next friday is pencilled in but thats all I know!!

I'm running standard brakes ATM with Goodridge hoses. Planning on 4 pots when I can afford, give me a PM about these adaptors though!!

M

mini-valver

Will do an update tommorrow. The car has been mapped at Rstuning, will take photos of the graph and do some bits on the car in the morning.

Made 140 bhp in 4th, which on Pauls rollers is impressive. The car drives so much better now, pulls cleanly through every gear. Hit 130 with ease on the way home, torque and power are SO SO linear which is really weird being a 1.6 with, comparitive to standard, wild cams and short runners!

Last edited by a moderator:
  clio 200 F4Rt
happy days!!

tho 18 months for 20 bhp seems a bit of a mug off to me (they are 120 standard arent they?)!

but glad you got it back and are happy with the way it runs!

hope the carbon door cards are in and lookin pimp!

M

mini-valver

Sub 110 standard mate. Cams, headwork, plenum, cable throttle, AC removed are the only real engine mods, 30 bhp on Rstunings rollers (Never did a standard run) doesnt tell the whole story. Has the same torque at 2k rpm as it does at 6.5!

Not got the door cards in yet mate, going to have it all painted first, then screw em on. Need to find some manual winders too!

M

mini-valver

Yeah but sits at just under 1000 rpm now, rev counter says just over but it over reads. I made a video on the way home but broke my phone in the crash :(

Going out to put my other seat in in a sec so will take some pics etc and make a little update. Need some farking money!

M

mini-valver

Need to do some bits on it lad, stil full of standard seats in the back and stuff :eek:

M

mini-valver

19102008128.jpg

Took a pic of the printout to how the power and torque curves. The car pulls really well low down, shown by the linear as feck torque curve, drives brilliant around town. 140bhp peak may not sound much but the car feels really eager and happy to be revved, love it. After all, it may have taken a while but its still 30+ bhp from cams, headwork and a plenum!

I'll be spending the weekends on the car from now on so I'll get some good updates going!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
19102008128.jpg

Took a pic of the printout to how the power and torque curves. The car pulls really well low down, shown by the linear as feck torque curve, drives brilliant around town. 140bhp peak may not sound much but the car feels really eager and happy to be revved, love it. After all, it may have taken a while but its still 30+ bhp from cams, headwork and a plenum!

I'll be spending the weekends on the car from now on so I'll get some good updates going!

Nice torque "curve" lol... are you sure you've not had a dci transplant? ;)

Can't wait to see it mate!

ClioI Ph.3 1.6 16V
It´s really a nice flat kurve, but I wonder that its maximum is only 147Nm, when I did caculate correctly (1FtLb=1,355Nm)...

Do you run now also with the 5502704?

I friend was also last week on the dyno with his Megane Mk1 1,6 16V cause he installed the DBilas intake manifold. Gained 7hp from it...cams are still stock, only a 4-2-1 exhaust manifold and 200 cell catalyst.
But basically it´s the same tendence like your plenum, the DBilas is more wide-band and doesn´t have the resonance poits the OEM manifold has and revs better up.

dbilas_ray_vgl.gif

Measured on the same dyno, I did put it in excel.

This evening I´ll give you the part number for the intake manifold gasket you are looking for.

M

mini-valver

Yeah Im'm running the Cat cams 704's Oliver. The Dbilas one has longer runners than my plenum, I expect thats where the extra torque comes from! Mine are really short, with the cams being more peaky than standard, I'm impressed that I make just over standard torque from 2000 RPM!!

I'm running the standard exhaust manifold and a crap Prospeed exhaust so I'd hope theres a little to be gained there too. This spec will do for now until I have some money for High comp pistons and rods, needs RPM to run its potential!

Yeah, I need the part number to make sure the gasket I have is right so I can send it off for a PTFE one to be made for me. Cheers mate!

ClioI Ph.3 1.6 16V
Regarding the exhaust manifold, I would recommend taking one of a RS182, press the the hoses 4mm tighter together and weld a specific flange-plate to it. I´m not so satisfied with the supersprint 4in1 collector, it´s a good alternative if you had a pre-catalyst like my engine had, but compared to the ordinary casted exhaust manifold w/o pre-catalyst it´s not such a big difference.
Hopefully I´ll get this winter a modified valver exhaust manifold...

M

mini-valver

Regarding the exhaust manifold, I would recommend taking one of a RS182, press the the hoses 4mm tighter together and weld a specific flange-plate to it. I´m not so satisfied with the supersprint 4in1 collector, it´s a good alternative if you had a pre-catalyst like my engine had, but compared to the ordinary casted exhaust manifold w/o pre-catalyst it´s not such a big difference.
Hopefully I´ll get this winter a modified valver exhaust manifold...

That was one of the things I had in mind, I'm going to get a quote from a local exhaust place for a manifold and whole system. The standard cast manifold isnt "bad" in terms of its design but it could definately be better, along with the Prospeed exhaust im using which is crap! We'll see how much it'll cost for a new fabbed one or, a 182 one with a k4m flange (will need a 182 cat too) is!

Just like to say that having seen this today that I love it even more than I did before!

Cheers mate!! Glad people appreciate it for what it is, lol. Need to get cracking on all the little things now. Done a bit this weekend but I'll get an update wrote up first before I post any pics etc!

Sorry didnt get much chance to talk to you, me and the missus were both pretty knackered so ended up sloping off early

ClioI Ph.3 1.6 16V
That was one of the things I had in mind, I'm going to get a quote from a local exhaust place for a manifold and whole system. The standard cast manifold isnt "bad" in terms of its design but it could definately be better, along with the Prospeed exhaust im using which is crap! We'll see how much it'll cost for a new fabbed one or, a 182 one with a k4m flange (will need a 182 cat too) is!

I think the best is, you try to get a system with a sports kat and not the original 182 cat.

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1617

What do you think of it? This will become my new exhaust manifold. A Supersprint 4-2-1 manifold originally for the valver, already redesigned for a F4R engine that a friend had in his Clio Mk1, so I need only weld on the K4M flange....

4in2in1kl.jpg

M

mini-valver

I think the best is, you try to get a system with a sports kat and not the original 182 cat.

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1617

What do you think of it? This will become my new exhaust manifold. A Supersprint 4-2-1 manifold originally for the valver, already redesigned for a F4R engine that a friend had in his Clio Mk1, so I need only weld on the K4M flange....

4in2in1kl.jpg

Id run a decat, Id only have the 182 cat for MOT purposes as its a peice of piss to change, being a small pipe directly under the car! That manifold looks good, I'd be a little worried about getting a link pipe made to fit to the original centre section though! Which way are you planning on doing that?? For the K4M flange, did you get a cnc copy of the gasket made?

I hear great things of this thing from the reliable middo!

can't wait to see it in the flesh mate :D

Cheers mate! He loved the noise more than anything :eek:

ClioI Ph.3 1.6 16V
...That manifold looks good, I'd be a little worried about getting a link pipe made to fit to the original centre section though! Which way are you planning on doing that?? For the K4M flange, did you get a cnc copy of the gasket made?

What you see on the picture is only the upper section of the manifold, the entire manifold for the valver looks like this:

H20053CL1.jpg

The upper double-Y section sticks in the lower Y section, an it will be connected to the cat by a flex-hose that´s directly weldet an no flange, so that the lower Y section an the cat is one piece. (not like it´s original and shown on the picture)

I made a model with the main dimensioning taken from the gasket. The flange was then water-jet cutted on a CNC-Machine. I can make a picture this evening.

And one question regarding your cold air feed, it looks good no question, but why didn´t you go for a complete closed system like for example the cup-airbox?

Last edited:
M

mini-valver

The reason I didnt go for a closed system is a) The air feed is on an angle because of the design of the light so when it rains heavy, theres gonna be water ingress. b) Therers no room for a decent straight inlet trac and an airbox with a feed on! Its really tight below and in front of the filter without putting a 45 degree angle on the inlet hose.

The flanges look good mate, Ill have to find a decent machining firm close to me and ask how much they'll charge!!