ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K4J Throttle Body + Induction

Hi folks, so my standard CAF has fallen apart like a slinky and a friend has some spare hosing etc that we were going to use to make an induction kit.
We ran into a problem where on my engine, the TB is fitted at the back against the bulkhead and we couldn't see how if we removed the entire standard air set up, we would have no place to fit the Throttle position sensor(i think). I had a search on the forums but couldn't find too much info.

There is a Plastic housing over the end of the TB with a sensor or something plugged into it, this plastic housing seems to be my main issue. Can anyone shed some light on it, can it be removed - what are the mystery 4-5 wires?

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
sounds like its the idle valve needs to be refitted to your new pipe or could fit a small breather filter to it.

have a search on here for k4m engine as its the same engine can see how its done on them.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
you unbolt all the housing off the back of the engine. the sensor you see is the idle control valve that unscrews from the housing then you need to join it to your new pipe or put a small filter on it there is also a breather pipe that is behind the housing just below the throttle body that needs connecting to your new pipe or a filter added.
k&n do a already made kit.

http://images.esellerpro.com/2489/I/142/57-0488.jpg

you unbolt all the housing off the back of the engine. the sensor you see is the idle control valve that unscrews from the housing then you need to join it to your new pipe or put a small filter on it there is also a breather pipe that is behind the housing just below the throttle body that needs connecting to your new pipe or a filter added.
k&n do a already made kit.

http://images.esellerpro.com/2489/I/142/57-0488.jpg

​Cheers Ben Lee, I've actually just bought the K&N 57i kit! It was reduced down to about £100 so i snapped one up.
​Looks like it'll do the trick nicely