ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K4J/K4M Airbox removal?

I'm trying to fit a K&N induction kit to my 1.4 16v clio, How do I get enough room to move the airbox away from the throttle body at the back of the engine and out to the right where the old set up was? It seems to get stuck part way and I can't see how it's meant to move out?

Can anyone be of any assistance please? Stressing me out to no end!

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
been along time since i did mine. could support the engine on a jack undo the drivers engine mount and pull the engine forward to give you more room at the back?

Megane dci 130
They do squeeze out if you take off the coolant bottle. But easier if you undo the engine mount and shift the engine forward.

They do squeeze out if you take off the coolant bottle. But easier if you undo the engine mount and shift the engine forward.

I had the 2 bolts off the coolant bottle but couldnt seem to wiggle it out of the way - admittadly i didnt use much force lest i snap/disintegrate something on it! One cable that seems to really be in the way is a stiff (metal lined?) cable that goes into the top-right of the inlet, i managed to get it under the old airbox but by the time it started pouring down, i was more inclined to keep it dry so i'll have to give it a go later today/tomorrow if the light and dryness holds up.

Jacking the engine up to undo the mount is going to be a pain/no-go as i've a sloped gravel driveway so there's little level ground for jacking.

ph2 172
Two bolts off the coolant bottle and move it out the way and undo the bolts on the inlet box, push the box away from the throttle body, I Had to take the sensor off the edge of the inlet manifold and the box should slide towards the ecu and lift out.

ive got a k&n 57i gen2 for sale off my 1.4 16v if you wanted one of them.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
unbolt the throttle body from the plenum, remove the plenum but leaving the throttle body in place and still attached to the airbox, should be a few clips and brackets to undo and it will come out from there

ive got a k&n 57i gen2 for sale off my 1.4 16v if you wanted one of them.

If only i'd known a few days ago as i literally just got the 57i gen 1 on saturday there! I'd wanted a gen2 for the shield but wasn't ready to shell out the 190 odd they were on ebay.

I finally got it all done though. Got the coolant tank off, unclipped the fuel line from the base of the plenum, released the plenum from the throttle and after much wiggling, jiggling, swearing and ultimate hoo-hah (getting it stuck filter-end up) it finally slid past into the space where the coolant was and came out. Such joy!
Got the new intake on after a bit of fiddling with the breather and icv hoses then took it for a test run. Sounds good!

For future searchers: The Torx socket you need to get the plenum off the throttle body is an E8 female torx socket.