ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-tec ultra performance exhaust with decat

260% JCW
KTec do two types of centre section, straight through like yours or silenced. Price it up, should be cheaper then a sports Cat and a little quiet'er too. You'd be able to sell the unsilenced centre section on here no doubt and reclaim some costs.

IMO i prefer the way the car goes/pull's with out the cat, it hasnt seen any use for the 3 years ive owned the car, just lucky i know someone who sorts me out MOT time.

clio 182
My exhaust sounds like this now i have the ITB's :)

[youtube]Cka6w92iPJs[/youtube]

Video gets better at about 32 seconds btw :)

LOVE the video! read ur project thread too! very good work! notice ur at uni in hudds? what year? i graduated from there 3 years this summer, did transport design, n only just got a job in design now, not car related tho, but design, a graphic designer finally!

anyway, u staying at storthes now? that old "haunted" hospital building still up at the top? appartantly u can get in it and go in all the old underground tunnels that are there, coz it used to b an old mental hospital. what block u in? i was in jenks B i think, about 6 years ago now! u been in the roofs of them? get up if u break into the storage/utility cupboard. very cool.

UPDATE,

after speaking to david i think at ktr, n some exhaust people in scunny i think i have decided to get a standard cat in place of the decat, as i found out today that i have an unsilenced ultra performance exhaust one so i think thats gunna b enough for me, nice raspy exhaust note but not stupidly loud, (i hope)

TrackCar & F30 330d
Nope i dont drive the car that much so fuel consumption is not really that important.

Only runs on Shell V-power too :)

I had the same exhaust on my 182 was, very loud with decat but when i out the sports cat on from ktec, it was less noisy! taken mine off and have the system, sports cat and decat, just using my standard at the moment!

clio 182
I had the same exhaust on my 182 was, very loud with decat but when i out the sports cat on from ktec, it was less noisy! taken mine off and have the system, sports cat and decat, just using my standard at the moment!

what was it like with the standard cat on?

i like the sound currently with the unsilenced n decat just not the volume!

DrewBear11

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST
hang on, i've just bought this exhaust.... the ktec ultra performance for the 182 supersports version...

you cant use the standard with this exhaust system ?

The ktec site says it can ?

DrewBear11

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST
can anyone confirm if the ktec ultra performance for the 182 supersports version will fit the standard cat ?
I was gonna try and get this fitted tomorow

clio 182
Yeah it will but u need an adaptor from ktec. Tenner they said. Coz the ktec ultra zorst is a 2.5 bore so u need to take it from a 2.5 bore to the standard size bore

DrewBear11

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST
The exhaust came with a little reducer which slots into the end of the centre section pipework to the cat ? Is this the adapter you mean. It slots into the centre section and reduces the size down a little bit.

DrewBear11

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST
Ah jesus, im not sure if this is gonna fit now, can anyone link me to this adapter on ktec's site, cant seem to find it, gonna call them in the morning and see what they say.

clio 182
They offered me it over the phone. Think ull have to ring n ask them for it. Don't forget to tell them ur a member of here!

182+1.5DCI+S2000
i have the k-tec ultra performance exhaust with decat sounds the nuts ! abit loud tho when you boot it

106 gti, RB 182 cup
Ive also just bought the ultra sport system without the silencer and its sounds amazing tbh, not too boomy when driving normal but you can notice it when your heavy on the right foot :) Im having a few probs with the cat atm not fitting correctly as the flange cracked :( so just bought the silenced decat from k-tec but just been told by them it will be 3 weeks until they get stock of it :(

clio 182
I am currently sat at exhaust uk in sheff getting a sports cat fitted. Fingers crossed in a couple of hours the car will b bearable again n hopefully mpg will go up! :)

182 and cherokee 4.0
i have the ultra performance supersport with decat and love the sound. heard it next to a yozza with a cat and prefered it but never heard it next to a decatted yozza!!!

Megane RS 250
I think all the k-tec exhaust are too loud with a decat. I find even the superstealth too loud and i'm going to fit a sports cat. The one for 182 manifold 172 exhaust from k-tec sounds good and not too expensive. Plus I have mot next year.