ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-Tec Turbo 172

Black 197
Hi all...

Im off to that wonderul place K-tec on Friday as got my RS 182 booked in for lowering.... Anyways i thought i'd ask about the 172 turbo they got and asked for a test drive, They said no problem so gonna test drive it and see how it feels and i'll post something after the drive.

Im actually secretly looking forward to it lol, Anyone off of here driven it yet ?

Rossy182

Black 197
theres a few on here with 172 and 182 turbos

Yeah seen them but too wanna i get mine done so i suppose taking there car (K-Tec's) for a rip will be a bit easier than asking someone off of here to see if i can drive theres, I know its close nit on here and stuff which is cool but i really wouldnt wanna drive someones pride and joy and smash it up lol

Black 197
To be honest my mate has an R33 GTR (for sale) which is quick as but honestly the thought of 300bhp to the front wheels in something the size of an old peoples buggy really floates my boat

Black 197
should be a beasty, what sort of power you looking to achieve? 250hp+?

Dunno... I wont be getting mine done until at least the summer as it aint cheap. Stage one they say puts it up to 260bhp ( £5,974.25) !

stage 2 takes it up to around 300bhp but they got no price for that.. I'll prob go for the 260bhp conv and take it from there, not bad considering i wanted to keep the bloody thing standard lol !

Tangoed Works
yeah just make sure you get on top of the handling and brake upgrades. dont want to go straight off

lift number 1 @ btm
i don't have any links, but rs tuning/angelworks have one kit, and gdi have one too.

neither is 100% finished, but they are close. if you have a search on here there are a few details.

lift number 1 @ btm
it's a work in progress at the moment, but it's going to be pretty entertaining.

completely stripped with close to 240 brake and a quaife diff.

172 Turbo, Mini Cooper s
Sounds mint !

Yeah..was a 260Bhp Conversion..but was dynoed at 272bhp....249lb Torque...She is back there at the mo for the 300Bhp Kit...all Ready for Surrey RRoad day on the 31st......I'm Running Ceramic disc's and pad's alround...all Anti roll bar bushes are now polly..plus the Engine Stabilzer's..Braided Brake line's...etc..and more!!!

P.S......Wot Gearbox is that dci80 From???

Yeah..was a 260Bhp Conversion..but was dynoed at 272bhp....249lb Torque...She is back there at the mo for the 300Bhp Kit...all Ready for Surrey RRoad day on the 31st......I'm Running Ceramic disc's and pad's alround...all Anti roll bar bushes are now polly..plus the Engine Stabilzer's..Braided Brake line's...etc..and more!!!

P.S......Wot Gearbox is that dci80 From???

Ceramic discs? Who made those for you?

Cheers
M

Tangoed Works
Bit to long though possible though 25mpg per 1 k in top so 75mph (about 80 indicated) is 3k

Yep

Yep

i guess with all that power/ torque it shouldnt have any problems spinning it though. is the box itself any stronger than the normal 1*2 box or would these guys get similar problems with an abusive driving style.