ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-tec induction kit (little addition)

Fitted my K-tec induction kit the other day, and was pretty disappointed with the tacky breather setup. That white plastic bit with the original breather hose really spoils it imo.

DSCF1907.jpg

So i got a few hoses off ebay and a couple of plastic joiners and a blob of clear silicone and knocked this up. Looks so much better! Shame k-tec never got this incorporated into the production of the hose.

Better or not?

DSCF1908.jpg

DSCF1909.jpg

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Couldnt agree more!!

When i opened the box to mine i said to myself 'really?!!' cosidering the price that was my only gripe with it.

What do you think of it though? ;) i love mine

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
What was the pipe and the connector you used ?
Do you have links for them ?

Couldnt agree more!!

When i opened the box to mine i said to myself 'really?!!' cosidering the price that was my only gripe with it.

What do you think of it though? ;) i love mine

Sounds great ,feels more responsive. But the fit is s**t! it sits against the wiring harness bracket at the side of the ecu so won't take long to rub through the hose..

May need tweeking slightly though but it seems that it could do with 10mm off the part that fits over the throttle body so it will clear the wiring harness.

What was the pipe and the connector you used ?
Do you have links for them ?

I will sort some links out for what i used. its not a straight "stick the pipes together" and it will fit, you need to cut bits here and there and keep trying it until its right then stick em together.

You don't have to touch the actual k-tec hose so no worries about cutting that:eek:

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Looks good Martin :)

Still not got mine :(
Is the fit of it really bad then?

here is the parts i used.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300743536554?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271019725459?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SiliconHo..._Hearing_Cooling_Air&var=&hash=item3f18f386a5

^^^needs to 16mm-13mm reducing size.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STRAIGHT-..._Hearing_Cooling_Air&var=&hash=item43ade88f8f

^^^16mm outer diameter and you need 3..

Cut 35mm off off the one leg of the 90 degree bend and put a plastic straight connector in each end. Put a tiny smudge of clear silicone on the jointing face of the longer leg (the shorter leg needs to be dry).

Then push the 45 degree bend onto the 90 degree one and rotate once to spread silicone round now put the remaining straight connector in the end of the 45 degree hose and put a smudge of silicone on again.

Fit the reducing hose and rotate once wipe off all excess silicone from all joints and fit in place on the car, twist it about until it lines up ok and leave to dry for 24hours.

You can dry fit all the joints but for some reason i used silicone:S maybe it was the beer?

Also all the hoses in the links above are the same blue as one another,but is a very very slightly different blue to the k-tec one but barely noticeable.

Last edited:

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Great work Mart how it should have been :approve: !! Maybe you should of designed it for Ktec :D

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Would be better still without the hose inlet at all and just run a proper catch tank TBH, but yours looks MUCH better now than the cheap and nasty rubbish that you had on there at first.

Last edited:
  Clio 197
big improvement, i didnt notice the el cheapo white join until you pointed it out in the thread.

Out of interest what did you use to spray your fuel rail cover?

Silver exhaust manifold paint for the fuel rail guard. And metalic matt black exhaust manifold paint for the inlet.

All from halfrauds.

Sorry mate no it wasn't matte finish my bad it was this one (Spraypaint) used 3/4 of a tin

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._-Product_Details_Zone_1-_-Blank&iozone=PDPz1

Looks much better !! Looks like a finished product now :) Any vids of the sound ?

No videos Drew sorry. Plus a video doesn't do it justice. Google chewbacca noise

Last edited:
  Ph1 T
couldnt agree more about the s**t fit and that was even with my battery been located in the rear!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Looks like you've tidied it up a lot more with the new bit of hose mate, still, I prefer the maxogen as everything fits very well and doesn't rub at all.

couldnt agree more about the s**t fit and that was even with my battery been located in the rear!

I thought this too!! Really had to squish and cram it into the space. And mine is pushed right up against the wire for the battery terminal I think it is.

It is a great noise!

TCR'd Rs Clio 172
What did you do with the white insert mart , I can use that in my home brew kit I had for Christmas !
look loads better mater , have to meet up for a look .