ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K TEC hmmm not happy

Clio 172 mk2
I had to file out the holes on the rear exhaust mount so I could move it away from the exhaust hanger slightly....knocked against it to start off with.

Fiesta ST
Loppy, is this sorted now?

Just because I'm in Gateshead and I know of one or two good places that I could recommend in having a look for you. One guy where I go to get most of my work done on the Mk1 it's his own Garage and there are a few I know over in Newcastle (where my bro has had work done on his Focus).

PM me if you want and I'll give you the addresses, see if they can take a look for you. Saves you driving down to K-Tec's place.

Cheers,
James

Clio 172 mk2
haitch said:
you shouldnt have to 'play about with it' to get it right

Why not? It only took me about half and hour and now it's perfect.

I suppose it depends on how much confidence you have mechanically.

182BG
Neil G said:
Why not? It only took me about half and hour and now it's perfect.

I suppose it depends on how much confidence you have mechanically.

i think he means that its a direct replacement from the OE so technically its should go straight on.

But you gotta remember, every car is slightly different, and every exhaust is ever so slightly different, the only way you can get an exhaust that will fit perfectly without adjusting is to go custom... but then i contradict myself because a custom exhaust involves lots of adjustment, because they have to actually make it at the time ;) LOL

Clio Sport 172
Neil G said:
I had to file out the holes on the rear exhaust mount so I could move it away from the exhaust hanger slightly....knocked against it to start off with.

So you had to file your car to make this fit although it was supplied for your car so really no modifications should have needed to be made

Thats why it shouldnt need played with :D

Clio 172 mk2
Loopy said:
So you had to file your car to make this fit although it was supplied for your car so really no modifications should have needed to be made

Thats why it shouldnt need played with :D

I agree to a certain extent but as Lee says...every car is slightly different.

TBH I looked at it and solved the problem straight away....it was a very easy fix. I once brought a strut brace for my old car and realised it wouldn't sit properly on the turrets.....out came the trusty hacksaw and I modified it nicely and re-painted it.....bit s**t having to do that on something brand new but there we go.

TDI tyre shreader
Have you had a proper chat with them tho because ive had problems with some of their stuff before which i bought second hand and a K-Tec chap came on here and helped me out. Its just abit more productive rather than shaming them on here (not having a go at you tho as is often perceived on here!!!)

j3ned said:
I have bought quite a few things of K-tec and never had one problem. They are a sound bunch of guys and as David has stated above if something has gone wrong, ring them up & discuss the problem and they will sort it out.

Agree, good customer service, just a pity the prices are on the steep side and club discount is nothing more then a joke lol