ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-Tec Exhaust rattle

Ive got a K-tec system on my 172, and when idling it rattles.... almost as if theres something loose inside rattling around.

it only does it at idle.

any ideas?

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..

..is it rattling against the mounting? i had this prob had to wedge a piece of rubber in there and cable tie it..sh*te. fixed with a pro-speed tho ;)

2005 Impreza WRX STI

mmm, u had it on a ramp? best bet is to get under it mate and listen to it! i sorted mine out, it was near the cat catching on heat shield

its an irregular sound... sounds like its coming from inside the exhaust somewhere. I thought maybe it could be the cat breaking up?

the what? lol

i live 4 miles from K-tec, so might pop it over there for them to look at.

Lifetime Warranty :)

i fitted a new bracket last month.

it sounds like its coming from inside the zaust... not outside if that makes sense.
when i rev it slightly it stops rattling.

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2

Thats probably becuase the vibration is bigger at lower revs (i.e the amplitude is bigger).

If its a kind of loose rattling it could be just hitting something as it vibrates wider at lower revs.

S2000

Quote: Originally posted by The Bear on 29 August 2005

Thats probably becuase the vibration is bigger at lower revs (i.e the amplitude is bigger).

If its a kind of loose rattling it could be just hitting something as it vibrates wider at lower revs.
Thats the case with the exhaust I have on my car (its a mk1 clio though) as its only noticable at idle or very low revs.