ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K tec coilovers shocks

clio i think
Hey guys,
I’ve recently purchased some coilovers but one of the rear shocks are knackered.
The seller is currently looking out, along with myself for a replacement shock
Is it true you can use your standard shocks for the rears?
Any help appreciated

Mec 350 slk manual
Why dont you call ktec and see if they would sell a pair they are cheap coilovers and dont last long

If its there cheap coilover set then yeah you could run standard rears as the springs are separate, but IMO the kit is rubbish and you'd be better with fresh shocks and decent lowering springs like Cooksports or Eibach, probably a bit late for that now though as you've already purchased them but if they've arrived defective surely you're entitled to a refund?

clio i think
Yes of course, I’ve already got eibach springs on the car at the moment. This kit came up and i wanted car a bit lower
So I can you my original shocks and springs even?

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
you can use your original rear shocks yes. I run cheap vmaxx coilovers on my phase 1 and use the original shocks for that

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
sits this low
33655353153_fe1ec17f35_o.jpg

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Yep, the vmaxx spring platform and springs are on there, as low as they'll go