ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K&N induction kit, Do you have to declare ?

Clio MK3
Was looking into getting a K&N induction kit but was wondering if you have to declare it to your insurer ? :S

Clio MK3
Thanks for the quick reply, I'm insured buy admiral and heard that they can be a bit funny to deal with when it comes to things like this, but will give them a phone in the morning.

Clio MK3
Not assuming anything at the moment was just an idea floating bout plus Iv on just past my test a couple of months ago and my insurance is really cheap compared to some other peoples that I have been reading on here so nit all to familiar with the do' sand do nots lol.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Not assuming anything at the moment was just an idea floating bout plus Iv on just past my test a couple of months ago and my insurance is really cheap compared to some other peoples that I have been reading on here so nit all to familiar with the do' sand do nots lol.

I can't see an insurer being happy with a new driver installing an induction kit - I could be wrong but I can see your premium rising a fair bit, if the induction kit is even accepted.

Maccy

ClioSport Club Member
  Straight 6
I declared my Ktec one and Greenlight said thanks but it won't cost you anything. In fact I think Neil said I could have an additional 30bhp or so before any additional cost!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Assuming its a 1.2 or suchlike as its your first car.. You could probably get more noise by taking one of the air feeds off the airbox.

It will give you zero power, just slightly more noise.

Don't waste your time or money.

110% worthless.

Clio MK3
Assuming its a 1.2 or suchlike as its your first car.. You could probably get more noise by taking one of the air feeds off the airbox.

It will give you zero power, just slightly more noise.

Don't waste your time or money.

110% worthless.

Will look into this sounds intriguing lol thanks bud.

monaco 172
I Told admiral about a panel filter in my old car and they wanted an extra 100 quid. Its a mod that does sod all for performance so why should it matter!

Clio MK3
Yeah heard there a pain with this kind of stuff but Im only paying £148 for my insurance so can't really complain about them too much lol

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeah heard there a pain with this kind of stuff but Im only paying £148 for my insurance so can't really complain about them too much lol

You are a new driver paying 148 pounds a year to insure your car? Or do you talk in riddles and that isnt actually what you mean?

is1

Integra Type R DC2
You passed your test a couple of months ago, live in a major UK city and your insurance is £148? Per month?
If not, I'd check what you said on your disclosures.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
You are a new driver paying 148 pounds a year to insure your car? Or do you talk in riddles and that isnt actually what you mean?

Or he has his mum, dad, nan and grandad on his insurance policy with a combined total of 200 years NCB & he's also with the Co-op young drivers smart box scheme and not actually Admiral, along with a friend in his insurance company who missed out a 0 on the end..

Clio MK3
No I'm on my girlfriends mums insurance who has another 2 policy's with admiral and they said that because I'm turning 25 this year I'm not as high risk as an 18-21 year old:p

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Well get your girlfriends mum to phone up and explain she would like to fit an induction kit to her car then and ask their opinion.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Lol would love to see the person on the other side of the phones reaction to this lol

I doubt they will care, Ive got a mate with a 838bhp sierra cosworth with all mods declares, he is in his late 60s!

They've heard it all before.