ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just noticed i've got a cracked disc...

ClioSport 172
Not had to replace discs yet, and nothing on the back before... is it true that you have to replace the bearings too? And does anyone know at a rough guess how much it would cost? And how long it would take? Just so I can estimate a labour time/price??

xx

Titanium 182
I think you need to get the bearings pressed out IIRC ? need a bearing press machine or something for it...

If theres nothing wrong with the bearing I can't see why it couldn't be used again.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
^ is that true?

when i had the pug it was discs off discs on job done, less than 30min aside job :)

ClioSport 172
Once a bearing is in, thats it, aint coming out to be reused i believe.

New disc and bearing would be around 2 hour labour if done correctly.

Thats what I was told...

Unluckily i've just noticed it & have my MOT tomorrow, so gotta sort it by then or get them to do it... I have a free MOT voucher from Renault, is it worth getting them to do everything & be done with it, or to buy all the parts & get them to just fit them for me? Dont know how much renault sting on labour, only had them do my cambelt before...

ClioSport 172
^ is that true?

when i had the pug it was discs off discs on job done, less than 30min aside job :)

Same with my saxo, but apparently on the clio they're attached differently so you wouldnt need to ever replace the rear axle beam... dont know how sure that is & what it exactly means, was just told that once

PH1 172
Speak to Mike at Rentech 02392665848 he can get rear discs with the bearings/abs ring fitted already plus mintex pads for a very good price.....they are based in Portsmouth unfortunately for you as in to go down and get them but he may be able to send them to you...........aaaggghhh just saw your MOT is tomorrow.....either way just to let you know it takes 45mins so no more than an 1hrs labour to fit rear discs and pads so if you get it done by renault then it will be £85 for the hour and then whatever you get the parts for :)

Clio 182
I just bought some new rear discs and bearings off ebay, cheap and cheerful at £80 including nextday p&p.

Second place price wise was Euro Car parts at £80 + VAT for the lot.

I was going to do the work myself, it is only about an hours labour (apart from the ABS rings) simple stuff tho, any garage can do it.

Renault rear discs, bearings and ABS rings are over £150 for parts alone unfortunately. So with labour you looking close to £250.

It may be worth seeing if you can move the MOT to another day and sort them tommorow. My local ECP had them on the shelf.

Laters,

Donut.

ClioSport 172
Yeah thats exactly what Renault quoted, just trying to find the parts asap... will see where my nearest ECP is... cheers!! x

Clio 182
No worries. Let us know how you get on, I'll be fitting mine tommorow and posting up a picture of the horrendous crack in one of the old discs. Honestly it's terrifying :S

In a bit, Donut.

ClioSport 172
Dammit none in stock, think my mate might have sourced me some on the sly though from a supplier, ie not to sell to the public! So hopefully problem solved! Might ask for my old one as a souvenir too!! lol

b/g 182, meg tourer
best to buy the discs with bearings already in. standard renault ones. took me under an hour to fit myself.

BMW M135i
Far far less hassle with the proper renault discs with everything in them already, you need the abs rings as well obviously. Payed £130 from gdi when I changed mine which was the cheapest I found for oem renault ones.

ClioSport 172
Got the bearings & discs separate but my mechanic just fitted them together for me quickly... lent my mate some tools & we're starting work now! So far £72... fingers crossed all goes to plan!

ClioSport 172
Bought discs, pads & bearings for £73. Mates fitted them last night & car passed mot today!! :) good day!