ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just got a 172

:D Bought the one off autotrader for £3995 and a full years warrenty. Done 89k but its really been looked after full reno service history and is completely standard (the way its going to stay,, maybe an air filter :oops:)

i was expecting bit of an old shed, but the engine bay is like new, clean paint work insides good and drives perfect. Only worry is it has a noticably heavy clutch, its not slipping atall and is really smooth so im wonder if its just got stiffer springs :confused:

But omg what a tool! From owning a modded valver i was concerned i wasnt going to be that impressed with a 172, but bought one yesterday and i cant believe how good it is.

Straight line speed is quicker i dont know how much but its the way it just pulls right off from idle unlike the valvers. The way it goes round corners is unbelievable, thier was one pissed off skyline driver tonight on that well known private race track :) who couldnt keep up with me on the corners was only on the straights he caught up then bye bye as soon as some twisties came along lol

I couldnt believe the amount of grip and the brakes are just amazing. Amazing car total wolf in sheeps clothing :D

I do want some sort of induction kit on it though i miss the growl my pipercross made on the valver, but dnt want to looser any performance, any suggestions?

Aaron

SLK 350

Glad your happy with it mate (the cd changer is standard equipment btw). Only thing that scares me with my MK2 172 is that under heavy braking from high speed the tail likes to perform a waggle. Also if you push them through corners the first thing you notice is the back starting to feel light.

But agreed they do hold the road rather well :)

sounds like a good one to me mate - the milage as you say is a bit up but for that price you cant go wrong. well done!!

the clutches are heavy but if you change the cable it will be a lot better. My last one was the mk1 and that was the same. just got a new one and its a lot lot lighter and smoother - deffo change the cable mate