ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just found out my car is a write off

Megane
Hi all,

The clio was going to be sold this weekend, I bought it a year ago from my Driving instructor. Who owned it from 08/06

The guy that was going to be buying it has just done a HPI Check and the car was written off in 06/06.

I wanted to know where I stand now, because nobody told me this car was a write off when I bought it, hence I paid the price of a car that wasnt a write off, It is now significantly worth less, and I have spent alot of money on it, getting new tyres, cambelt etc.

Any advice would be great as it was a first car for me too :(

Thanks all

Evo 6, E92 320d
If you had no warranty then theres nothing you can do im afraid, did you not hpi it when you bought it?

Chocolate Bar™
he doesnt have to tell you, so unfortunately now its worthless unless the new buyer doesnt ask ;)

Megane
Go back to your driving instructor and bum-rape him.

As you'll be repaying the favour!

I already called him to book an appointment

he doesnt have to tell you, so unfortunately now its worthless unless the new buyer doesnt ask ;)

Well I am too honest to sell a car that I know is a Cat D

If you had no warranty then theres nothing you can do im afraid, did you not hpi it when you bought it?

I didnt HPI because I was buying from my neighbour/driving instructor/friends dad

did you ask the seller if it was a write off?

I asked if it was necessary to HPI to which he said no as there was no problems or finance

My whole life savings went into this car, 5k up to now so hed better get his act together :S

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
He defiantly deserves a bum rape then as he lied to you.

Just tell all the schools he is a pedo and his business will so drop off

Megane
He defiantly deserves a bum rape then as he lied to you.

Just tell all the schools he is a pedo and his business will so drop off

his wife has a nursery attached to the school so I certainly do think it will affect their business!!

BMW M135i
Nothing you can do i'm afriad, its your own fault always HPI a car your buying imo. No matter who your buying it off. So unfortuantely you'll either have to take a large hit or hope someone else makes the same mistake you did, not very honest but its the only way your not going to loose money. Expensive lesson unfortunately.

It says it was written off on 06/06 so is there a change he doesn't know about it? Who did he buy it from.

Works...kind of...
Indeed, you can only blame yourself tbh by not getting it HPI checked.

You've learned a valuable lesson. Don't trust anyone.

wait and see ;)
same things happend with a mate of mine... hes bought an aprilla rs 125 motorbike got it home hpi'd it come back as a cat c right off but the seller never told him... so he went back to the seller and demanded money back and he got it back lol... paid £1100 for the bike then got £400 back lol

Golf R
the blow out might have been the initial cause, but i'd be wanting to know what had been damaged and what new parts were fitted to get it back on the road

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
From what i've been reading about private sales, there's not much you can do unless the car wasn't fit for purpose or wasn't as described.

I'm guessing you didn't ask him it if was a write off?

Could even be a clerical mistake.

Having went to school with some of the chumps that work for HPI then it's quite likely...