ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

just crashed

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

crashed into the back of some guy tonight so pissed off, totally my fault, was traffic in front of me and started to break as normal, wasnt even speeding, and the wheels locked up, got out made sure the guy was ok exchanged details, checked the road and it was as greasy as a deep fat fryer am so pissed off

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

on mollison avenue mate, well the guys car is a write off and mine is new bumper and bonnet, f**king gutted

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

well am just worried about the guy because whiplash takes time to set in, am gonna get rid of that car now, good thing is no one was hurt just my pride

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

what is it with cups and wheels locking up and going into the back of people?

hope your ok mate,

My cup is worth a mint soon, these are gonna be very rare if everyone keeps crashing them!

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

they are f**king sh*t at this time of year, no abs and sh*tty tyres make for dodgy driving

It seams weird as I would expect the 172 to be really suffering and having the ABS kicking in all the time but it isnt, bit weird that the cup locks up so easily!

Least no one was hurt, who gives a sh*t about the cars!

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

@ Clart

Ive got ABSolutely no idea.

[Edited by Chad on 06 January 2005 at 5:25pm]

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

glad ur ok, but cant see how they any worse than any other car on the roads?

172, Tiguan

Glad your OK, this is what you pay insurance for. Dont worry, let them deal with it.

IIRC they adjusted the braking system on cups supposedly to give better brake feel and pedal travel to compensate for the lack of ABS, i may be wrong with that tho.

Quote: Originally posted by Clart on 06 January 2005

what is it with cups and wheels locking up and going into the back of people?

Thatll be the lack of ABS, lol all for very little gain.

And there still slower then the 182 lol:)

Remapped derv Golf

The being so stiff doesnt help. One wiff on snow/ice mine is staying in the garage.

Thing is load and loads of cars dont have ABS - there not crashing all the time! Hardly any early Focuss do. Option only or only on top models.

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

yeah but the cups are so nervous and twitchy in the wet i still havent managed to feel confident driving it in the wet, its the only means of transport ive got, apart from bus and train

P

peterh2

Thats the comprimise they have to make setting the chassis up how they do with the renault sport ones. Ideally you would like a more flexible chassis in the wet.

Yer the lack of ABS was 1 thing that put me off getting a 172 cup, still great cars but in the wet especially it can be a blunder. Sure loads of other cars dont have ABS but then most focuss etc dont go quite as quick as the cup :)

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

cheers mate just spoke to the guy and he was really cool about everything

sorry to read you had an accident mate....:(.At least your not hurt and you can get another car. I can understand why your fed up though. One way of looking at it is the new car may be better!!!! so something to look forward to maybe . :D

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

thanks guys really supportive their, as if things couldnt get worse, great way to start a new year

Lots of Alfas

I know what your going through, Ive just got my Clio back after skidding around an un-gritted road, crashing into the curb trying to avoid a fox :mad:.

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

just phoned the insurance and it was like the spanish inquisition, they said the repair shop will phone me tmrw hopefully not much further damage has been done apart from what i can see

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

feck me coz the bonnet is dented it keeps setting the alarm off, and wont let me lock the car

Sorry to hear that mate hope everything works out ok for you and the other guy.

In 1 year of driving the Cup (hard i might add) I only ever had it lock up once and that was an emergency stop at a roundabout on my last day of ownership as i was driving it to the Seat garage. Another car decided that the exit he was indicating for was not the one he wanted and carried on around. Slammed on the breaks myself, but the ground was pretty damn greasy (wasnt going that fast to begin with) and slid about a metre onto the roundabout. Luckily the guy avoided me by quite a way, but it would have been sods law that lack of ABS would have got me on the very last day!

Clio Dci

gutted for you mate, same as happened to me.

i never felt at ease in the wet, back end too light and twitchy.

in the end i got rid for a hatch with abs. so far excellent car and nooo stopping problems

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

Quote: Originally posted by Max172cup on 06 January 2005

Sorry to hear that mate hope everything works out ok for you and the other guy.

In 1 year of driving the Cup (hard i might add) I only ever had it lock up once and that was an emergency stop at a roundabout on my last day of ownership as i was driving it to the Seat garage. Another car decided that the exit he was indicating for was not the one he wanted and carried on around. Slammed on the breaks myself, but the ground was pretty damn greasy (wasnt going that fast to begin with) and slid about a metre onto the roundabout. Luckily the guy avoided me by quite a way, but it would have been sods law that lack of ABS would have got me on the very last day!
well i never performed an emergency stop was progressively breaking and the wheels just locked up all of a sudden tried cadence breaking, but coz i was doing 40mph it just seemed to fast to stop, am getting rid for a 172 or 182 now dont like cars without ABS

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

and another thing im glad the airbags never went off, they shouldve though in a frontal impact shouldnt they