ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just bought this 106 quicksilver for £50!!! Quick pic!

K20 EG Hatch
Right, just bought this very dirty quicksilver with 60k miles for a bargain of £50!

Now the kid span it on an island and as far as I can see it has slightly bent the rear axle (looks piece of piss to change) and it also damaged the gearbox.

So at the minute i am trying to source both a rear and axle and a gearbox. What other cars use the same parts ie GTI etc???

Thinking of fixing it all up for my bro for his first motor as its all there and should clean up nice, i think :s

IMAG0046.gif

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique+
why dont cars like that ever come my way! ur bro is lucky lol
check ur local scrappy mate

Golf GT & A4 Avant
A friend recently got a new rear beam for his 106 GTi and took him ages to find one locally. As soon as a new one came into a garage they were already pre ordered. Ended up with a Saxo VTS rear beam

K20 EG Hatch
Ahh so i should be able to use a vtr/vts/gti/quicksilver rear beam? they all the same thing?????

Renault Clio 182
yeah go for vtr axle mate, as good as the rest and easier to get. not to hard to do. gearbox just get any, they all fit.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
what mug sold you that lol :)

Good idea as a first car for your bro though.

EP3 Civic Type R
Yes mate, all the same

oh and whoever sold you this needs a reality check, he could of flogged it for way more, Quicky's actually hold their value pretty decently

Bargain, you could pay someone to repair that and still make a killing. The Quiksilver uses the 1.4 engine, so Saxo furio/ pug xsi etc parts will fit.

K20 EG Hatch
yes it does have lexarse lights lmao.

Actually, its all original except for the rear lights, induction kit and wheels i think.

thats a bargain! a going over with a pc, removing the windscreen sticker and puttin it on standard wheels and you'll be onto lots of profit.

Seat Leon Cupra R
Ahh so i should be able to use a vtr/vts/gti/quicksilver rear beam? they all the same thing?????

can use any of those but will find that the rear beam of the quiky is possibly drums and not disc's so the brake piping will need to be changed to accomdate the extra length needed for the disc beam the vtr/vts and gti come with.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Rallye, quicky n GTi. the quicky is only front disc's n drums so you may aswell buy an axel off one like mine, so thats 1.1, 1.2 (zest 1+2), XN , quickey 1.4 ... theres a few more. Gti wheels are some times standard more often than not tho there steelies with GTi trims.

K20 EG Hatch
im not sure where he done it mate.

Been out today and got it running :D

It hasn't been started in over 2 months so the battery was flat. There was no water in the rad so i topped it up and checked the oil. all ok, jumped it off my mates car and straight away fired up :D Baaaarggaaiin! lol

Dont get any gears at all though but i can see the selector moving about and the clutch is deffinately engaging so it must be the box!

Just trying to find a new one now, reckon i can change it myself on the drive? im not shy of the tools like but im no mechanic either....

spun it on the orbital? sure ive seen that round cannock dan?

Clio 182
back axle off any saxo/106 will fit, the ones with rear discs will be slightly wider though.
'Boxes arent hard to do, definately can do it on your drive.

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
good deal, i was gonna comment that your brother might need to bend over for insurnace on it if its his first car being a 1.4 and a quicksilver (i think its a stupidly high insurance group for what it is) like 2k+ but if he doesnt need to buy the car then i suppose he'll be able to afford it lol.

had a look on auto trader and '99 1.4 quicks with 50+k are still going four between £1600 and 2k. although you do get the stupid traders you know the ones with a 51 plate with 50 k wanting £34995. but there is one a t plate, with only 12k, and the guy has it up for nearly 4 grand!!!.
you could seriously spend the pennies and still be quids in if you decide to sell it rather than donate it to your brother.

A

ashy_gtt

Cheap as chips :)

Gearbox is a doddle m8, done one on a Mk1 XS and a couple of clutches on the wifes GTI!!

Just get the front jacked up, drop the gb oil, shafts out, downpipe off, selectors off, drop the passenger side engine mount off (under the battery) and the engine will drop low enough to slide the box out to the side and drop it down.

worst bit is offering up the new box and aligning the output shaft with the clutch, bit of a bind when lying underneath and bench pressing the gearbox LOL!!

Just check all the selectors are fitted properly, there are about 3 linkages and if ones popped off then it might not get any gears!!

clio 1.4 sport
Why your at it upgrade the brakes to gti ones i had one of these for my first car and the brakes are really shi*e