ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just Bought A......

53 Plate Clio V6 255 in Blue. Pick it up on Sat. Only thing is the Alu gear knob has scrathes all over it and wanted to know if that can be replaced on its own or whether it would be the case that Id need to replace the whole gear lever?

nice one mate ;) just be carefull with it on the slippy roads. how much did you pay? and where from?

I think im right in say you should be able to replace just the gear knob, i have no idea how it comes of though, should be just screwed???? anyway let me know what you findout about this as i wouldnt mind replaveing mine.

paid £19000 for it from Arnold Clark Renault in Warrington, Cheshire. Its done 11000 miles. Was told this morning that a new gear knob for the v6 would cost £170 inc VAT from their parts dept. So will prob replace it later on!!!

Pick the car up on Monday! Cant wait!

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member

Nice.

Exeter Renault dealer has a 54 plate with 350 miles on the clock in black on the forecourt for 19,995!

Quote: Originally posted by scotty1 on 03 March 2005

paid £19000 for it from Arnold Clark Renault in Warrington, Cheshire. Its done 11000 miles. Was told this morning that a new gear knob for the v6 would cost £170 inc VAT from their parts dept. So will prob replace it later on!!!

Pick the car up on Monday! Cant wait!

£170 f**k me lol perhaps i wont bother replaceing it then.

Mk1 172 Exclusive No.17

If I was paying £19K I would expect the dealer to change the gear Knob for free or no deal!!

Ziel Nurburgring

Replace it with the Momo equivolent for £50. Should just be an A key to get it off, but i could be wrong

Quote: Originally posted by Evoo on 03 March 2005

Nice.

Exeter Renault dealer has a 54 plate with 350 miles on the clock in black on the forecourt for 19,995!
Just down the road from me, have to have a chat with cyril the sales guy if only :)

Not a Clio

Quote: Originally posted by Manney on 04 March 2005
If I was paying £19K I would expect the dealer to change the gear Knob for free or no deal!!

yeah try their bluff.. say no new knob then i wont be buying it!

I got sh*t loads done on my clio valver by the dealer because i said i wouldnt buy it unless it was. Had a big check list lol

Scotty,

That was my old V6 (CX53). The gear knob got scratched when it was delivered. Apparently the guy who reversed it off the truck had a ring on and made a mess of it. I have a brand new gear knob if u are interested?

Did u deal with Jamie at Arnold Clark ???

Steve