ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just about to order this...

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
For all you detailing freaks ! Im just about to order this lot !

Meguiar's G220 Dual Action Machine Polisher
Chemical Guys - Maxi Suds II
Sonus Der Wunder Drying Towel, Pkg/2
Super Snow Foam - 5 Litre
Foam Lance - Karcher fitting
Menzerna Final Finish PO85RD
Menzerna Intensive Polish (PO85RD 3.02)
Sonus SFX-1 - Swirl and Scrtach Remover Pad
Sonus SFX-2 Paint Polishing Pad
Sonus SFX-3 Final Finish & Wax Pad
3.5" Dual-Action Spot Pad Backing Plate
Sonus SFX-2 Spot Pad
Foam Wax Applicator x 4
Victoria Wax - 3oz Concours Wax
Sonus Der Wunder Buffing Towel, Pkg/2

Does the G220 come with a 6" backing plate already for the bigger sonus pads ?

Is there anything bad about that list ? anything you would change ? I already have things like SRP and EGP etc.

Cheers.

(I can't believe im going to spend this much on cleaning products !!!.)

106 GTi
Good looking set up.

Would substitute the Maxi Suds for something else, not a fan.

I would also get the spot pads in each grade as they are so usefull.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
How much is all that gonna cost if you dont mind me asking.

:quiet:

(over £300 :eek: !!!)

Good stuff!

Been reading detailing for a while now.. and having a swirly black 182 is starting to annoy me !

Good looking set up.

Would substitute the Maxi Suds for something else, not a fan.

I would also get the spot pads in each grade as they are so usefull.

Cheers rich. I was planning on mixing a small amount of Maxi Suds with the snow foam to give it a bit more oomph ! What would be a good alternative ? I was trying to cut costs a bit by not buying all three grades lol.. guess I'll add that to the list then.

Does the G220 come with a 6" backing plate already for the bigger sonus pads?[/SIZE]

yes

Ah great ! I was hoping it would. thanks.

106 GTi
Oh right is fine to mix with Snow Foam - I used mine up like that ! would not be my choice to actually use to bucket wash with.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Black is really bad for showing swirls...Even a month after you'll be annoyed!

ST
Nice one matey..

Another reason why i got rid of my black gold 182, the maintenance out weighed the pleasure IMO..

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
FFS !! lol..

Ye black is pretty bad, but when you polish it up properly.. nothing can even come close the the mirror finish you get on a black car !

Well its all ordered.. Good weather this w/end FTW !

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I get called Crazy by Friends when I tell them I've spent about £100 or so on Cleaning Products, I couldn't justify spending £300 on Cleaning Products, I probably will do it at some point though

Mito Sportiva 135
Nice little collection there...my only advice would be to get Swisswax Onyx over the Victoria's. It's a little more expensive but judging by reviews of the Victorias the Swisswax is a bit better.

Even if it means saving for a bit longer it would be worth it I'd say, you will be hard pressed to get all polishing, sealing (if you are using a sealant) and waxing done on the same day anyway if you haven't used a polisher before so even if you get it next week or something it wouldn't be a problem.

I wouldn't really bother with the Maxi Suds though, it is ok but no point if your getting Snow Foam IMO. Unless your paint is filthy a foam wash followed by a "normal" wash will be fine especially as your claying and polishing anyway.

Mito Sportiva 135
He must be a genuine CS millionare! :clown: hehe.

Think of all the packaging costs he will save buying all at once though! Good times...;)

106 GTi
^You never drive yours! lol, how do you know?

The times I have used it and all the marks it picks up when I do have told me enough.

The GTi is darkish blue but hopefully will be less of a mare !

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
The GTi is darkish blue but hopefully will be less of a mare !

think again...

2 years with mine and 3.5 years with the wifes, ok it's not as bad as a black car, but still not good

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Why not break it up abit like buy the G220 first and then the other bits later?

Because if you think about it, what is the point in de-swirling your car if your wash is still gonna cause swirl marks ?

I mean I know it will still happen but may aswell reduce the severity of it ;)

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
sack the maxi suds, if you use too much foam/wash you will strip the wax, just get another decent shampoo if you havent one!

Fiat Coupe 20vt
Nice little collection there...my only advice would be to get Swisswax Onyx over the Victoria's. It's a little more expensive but judging by reviews of the Victorias the Swisswax is a bit better.

Surely thats the other way round ;) the Victorias are much better than the Swissvax in my opinion. Even when we sold Swissvax my car only ever got waxed with Victoria Collectors despite having open tubs of Onyx, Saphir and BOS. The Collectors looks better than Onyx and is far more durable. The Victoria Concours has approximately 10% more carnauba than Onyx and gives more gloss. It isn't as durable as the polymer fortified Collectors but on par with the Swissvax.

Mito Sportiva 135
Just from using the Onyx versus reviews of the Collectors, but I'll stand to be corrected once I give the Collectors a go.;)

The Onyx seems fairly durable to me though, lasts a good 2-3 months if you give it a couple of layers I found.

106 GTi
I did half the car with Vics Concours and half with Onyx at the weekend each have there own slightly different look, prefer the Onyx in looks and ease of use.