ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Juddering

Clio 172 ph2
Hi,
I asked about this a few weeks ago and many people said it was a 'normal' cold starting 172.
Since then it seems to be getting worse. If I let the revs drop just below 2000 when I put my foot back on the gas the car judders and splutters until I give it a blip and its ok again, does this even when upto temp, any ideas? It's annoying the hell out of me as well as a bit worrying.

try to disconnect map and lambda. If it solves completely it's one of them, if it gets better it just hides the problem because it runs rich.
Usually it will be ht leads or coil pack . Also bad spark plugs could do this or water in the spark plug wells (it can't evaporate since the leads seal). Try to swap leads and coil with someone to find the source without spending too much , very easy to swap both parts.